People Should Drink More (BPA Free) Water
BPA free? What is BPA?
BPA is abbreviated from Bisphenol-A. BPA is one of the largest concerns of the clued up water drinker.
BPA can be found in the lining of low grade plastic storage items. It is also used to line the insides of food tins and also cartons of liquid.
Those dented tins do not seem like such a bargain now do they?
The problem that faces everybody is that BPA (a chemical used in conjunction with lining) falls away from the lining and it is transferred into the foods and drinks we consume. Time and heat are known accelerants to this problem as well as the already mentioned, denting.
BPA can cause hormonal problems, stunt behavioral and physical progression in the young, and it can also change your genes which can lead to cancer.
There are also other things lurking in the water we drink. Should we be worried? Perhaps you can see why more and more people are looking to find BFA free water sources in order to preserve their health.
Chlorine Water? How can that be good?
Chlorines purpose in water is to act as a cleanser or disinfectant. Your water travels along quite a few pipes and these pipes are pretty old in some case. Low level chlorine is perhaps the only way to preserve healthy drinking water for the masses over a wide area.
Chlorine, by many has been attributed to many many ailments, serious and minor. Governments and water providers do not accept these claims.
Tap Water VS Bottled Water - Your sources of water
Water is the best source of liquid for any living thing. The wicked witch of the west and the (Nicholson) Joker do not count as they are fictional.
Many people will say to drink the water right out of the tap and you will be fine. I guess they do not live in China. When I was there this was a bigger fopa than sticking chop sticks into a bowl of noodles. Putting sticks into a bowl like that translates as "Instant DEATH for all at this table!" rather than, "I don't want to get sick for the third time. I will covertly and politely make sure these sticks have no germs on!"
Doing a number two on a roundabout while talking on your phone and watching the traffic go by seemed to be fine, though.
But anyway, enough of my funny stories..
I am always of the mind that if something is for the masses, on mass, It can not really be universally trusted. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting the governments in all countries want to poison and make "their" populations sick. I just think it is something that is provided and it is up to individuals to go ahead and investigate and take the initiative to look after themselves.
Remember that water used to be sent along lead pipes. And remember that when smoking was first being marketed the claim was, "It's good for you!" and "It cleans your lungs out!" etc etc.. This was claimed by health organisations.
The truth is, new information comes to hand all the time and it is hard, looking back, not to think SOMEONE must have worked out that breathing in a cocktail of chemical smoke might do a bit of damage. It is hard not to suppose that drinking small amounts of chemicals over a long peroid of time will do you some harm.
So, the thing to remember is that: Everyone is different. Some things that are all right for some people, make others sick, and vice versa. For instance: Peanuts, Gluten, Shellfish, X-Factor etc
If some old guy says "I am fine!" and "Everything is fine!" he could be right, but it doesn't mean everyone will be all right and it doesn't mean you will be all right. I have found in life that I see others doing something and I have been doing it too and it seems fine. In fact, what we were doing was causing us harm and damage and we didn't even know.
If you have experienced this too, then you learnt something true and new. You might feel stupid for having done it for so long, but you should also feel lucky and glad that you have changed something that is damaging your health. You can feel and sometimes even see the difference, which should in time eradicate any long term annoyance.
My advice to most would be to do a little investigation before you reach a conclusion and find some independent sources with a good reputation to educate yourself and do not get taken in by paranoid sourceless scams and do not be come complacent when it comes to your health.
Below are some arguments for bottled and some for tap water sources. You will see both have good arguments so I would advise, knowing what you know about your health, income, time, beliefs and consceince, pick source of water that YOU know or believe suits YOU best.
Arguments for Bottled Water
* Bottled water is chlorine free. Chlorine is present in all tap water. The levels can vary from state to state (or county to county) and country to country. The fact that is present causes worry, which in itself can cause problems. Even if the chlorine in fact does minor damage.
* "Aluminium is added to tap water to clarify it and chlorine is added to make it safe, it is then delivered over long distances in pipes to homes." Which suggests that drinking tap water long term could cause some serious problems for a lot people. Whether they have the means to attribute this to tap water or not, is something else..
* Having water bottled encourages people to drink water and gives a choice aside from a different sweet fizzy drink. People are wary to drink water from unknown sources so having a packaged sterile alternative may cost but it is a better choice than a sweet fizzy drink and this helps people to unknowningly avoid obsetity and diabetes as well as improving hydration and normal body detox functions.
Arguments for Tap Water
* Tap water is relatively free. In fact, bottled water works out roughly 1000 times more expensive than tap water.
* Drinking only bottled water will see a drop off of fluoride intake and leave people open to cavites.
* Higher standards are set for tap water than for bottled water.
* Bottled water does not have to list the actual source where the water has come from. Which means, it could be coming from the tap as well.
* Phthalate is a chemical that has been added to plastic bottles to make them more durable, which is nice. The only problem is that when these bottle are exposed to the heat of a summers day, in a car perhaps. The chemical leaks out and causes an unpleasant list of health problems.
So, which should I choose?!?
As you can see, the information and pictures both have serious arguments. These arguments both contain facts that the average person has no way of checking and in some case interpreting and in some economical ways, enacting.
The simple answer comes down to your own personal gut feeling and that I would say is the one you should follow. I personally use a water filter to filter my tap water but I also have weeks when I have bottled water only. The idea is that if one is better than the other, my body should be able to filter out some of what is bad and some of what IS filterable.
It is very important to not be swayed by unchecked "information" and it is also very important to not just see other people doing something and go along with the crowd.
Make a choice. And ultimately, make that choice that is your own choice. A choice is something, where as blind acceptance is submission to anything and everything.
Your source of life
What do you drink and what is the source?See results without voting
More by this Author
Play texas hold em free or track down some free texas hold em games and try out these tips I speak of. Then head over to a low level table and try it out for real. Play texas hold em online ? play it in person? either...
The candida spit test? What's that, then? Many people suffer from candida - or rather, a candida overgrowth - this simple easy test will give you a rough but helpful test to see a candida overgrowth
Complaining to eBay could be one of the hardest things you will do. I, try to make things easier for people going through the process. I have had to lock horns with eBay on a few things over the years. I am happy to say...