Krispy Kreme Calories and Stomach Fat: Lose Weight Now!
Lose Weight With Diet Tips
It's a never ending battle; those Krispy Kreme calories and your weight loss efforts appear at odds. And, then add in that stubborn belly fat and you've got problems. Of course, you can lose pounds and maintain a healthy weight. Truthfully, most people don't like the idea of dieting. However, you can lose weight without starving yourself and without limiting the diversity of the foods you consume. Use the following diet tips to loss the fat, reduce your stomach and lose weight. Make 2011 your year to achieve your weight goals!
First some facts . . .
To lose one pound of weight you have to eliminate 3,500 calories. Most folks consume 1,400 - 3,000 calories daily so you can see how it can be difficult to lose weight by calorie reduction only. It's more advantageous to incorporate both exercise and calorie reduction a weight loss program.
Step 1. Determine How Much Weight You Want to Lose
Make peace with the fact that you probably would never fit back into the bell bottom jeans of your youth, and actually, do you really want to? Personally, you might just like yourself with a few spare pounds and probably don't list "aspiring supermodel" on your resume. So set a realistic goal.
For example, use a weight loss calculator (see below) and put in your current height, weight and how much you want to weigh. The calculator will tell you how many calories you need to consume daily and how long it will take you to obtain that goal.
Let's say you weigh 170 lbs and want to lose 15 pounds. The calculator indicates it would take about eight weeks, and that you needed to consume about 1,200 calories.
If you want to lose a realistic 2 pounds weekly, you needed to eliminate 1,000 calories daily for a total loss of 7,000 calories -- 2 (lbs) x 3,500 calories. So you might want to reduce your calories by 500 daily and then burn off an additional 500 calories through exercise.
There are numerous web-based resources for weight loss which include weight loss calculators and ways to calculate your BMI (ratio taking in account your weight and height). Note, that some free sites will want you to register and sign up for emailed health tips. Others, will charge you to sign up and take advantage of their information. Two of these sites are listed below:
Weight Loss Websites
- Free Diet Calendar
Free online diet calendar to help you setup a plan, track your weight and achieve your weight loss goals.
Free online fitness tracker, basic facts and useful fitness calculators to help you lose weight and get fit!
Step 2. Start a Results Journal
Get a notebook with lined pages. You can buy one, make your own with your computer word processing program, or use one of the online journals at one of the sites listed above.
- Place for your photo
- Room for personal notes
- Daily Calorie Journal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks or Six small meals)
- Menu Planning (Recipes and Folder for Coupons)
First, write down why you chose to lose weight and your weight loss goal -- maybe you want to lose 20 pounds to help combat diabetes. Take pictures of yourself in a swimsuit, undies or tight exercise gear. Take a front, side and back view. Weigh yourself and write down your beginning weight. Once you get the pics developed place them on the first page of your journal with your starting weight.
Also, take tape measurements -- arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves and ankles -- and record. (You can enlist a friend for the measurements or if you belong to a gym, ask the staff to help). Now, keep track of your progress via daily journaling and weekly weigh ins. Lastly, establish your reward. Make it worthwhile; such as a short vacation.
Step 3. Write Down Everything Thing You Consume
Start journaling your food entries today. Keeping a written account of what you consume daily will help assure success. In fact, studies show those who keep a food journal lose 2 times more than those who do not.
Write down everything you eat along with the accompanying calories. Once again, use an on-line reference to obtain caloric input or borrow or purchase a second-hand food guide with listed calories. Make sure your reference material includes information on popular take-out and sit-down restaurants. For example--
Krispy Kreme Calories
Traditional Krispy Kreme doughnut -- 220 calories and 120 fat calories
Glazed Blueberry Cake doughnut -- 300 calories and 140 fat calories
Glazed Yeast Ring -- 200 calories and 110 fat calories
Step 4. Work it off
As noted earlier, you need to eliminate 7,000 calories weekly to drop the weight and since you don't want to starve yourself, you need to incorporate exercise in your fat loss plan.
Here are some ways you can fit exercise into your routine.
- Take a walk on your lunch hour or half-hour. Grab a quick (healthy) bite and then take a walk. Recruit a co-worker or two if you want companionship.
- Take the dog for a walk after you arrive home (Don't have a dog, make some side dough by walking a neighborhood dog). Better still, take thee to the local Humane Society and get a dog; everyone needs one. (but's that another article)
- Walk where you normally would ride -- to the neighborhood store, up the stairs (instead of elevator) from the far side of the parking lot.
- Recruit a partner for some timed laps at the neighborhood park or high school track. If you walk solo, bring you mp3 or iPod along and walk to some great tunes.
- Walk to your co-workers' desk instead of calling or sending an email. Sounds simple, but it all contributes.
Join a Gym, YMCA, or Community Exercise Facility
- Join an exercise facility that is convenient for you -- on the way home from work and/or close to home. Proximity is important. If it's too far away, you may find yourself exercising on the couch. Many gyms offer a free two-week membership so you can try it out before making a commitment.
- Find a workout class or two you enjoy and incorporate this into your schedule. Consider yourself in school -- skip only if you are really ill or if an emergency arises.
- Take advantage of all the membership benefits. Most exercise facilities have a variety of amenities and features -- free weights, weight equipment, swimming pool, cardio area, personal trainers, etc. Also, usually, you can get a free personal training session when you enroll.
Make Recreation Part of the Plan
Find a physical activity you really enjoy and add it to your schedule -- golf, tennis, dancing, volleyball, hiking, etc. The list is exhaustive. This is important because you are more likely to incorporate something you enjoy into your lifestyle. (Remember, the goal is not only to lose the weight but to keep it off.)
You can use a calorie calculator such as the one listed below to track calories burned. You just put in your weight and the amount of activity time. Other factors influence calories consumed, so this is an estimate. Below are some typical activities along with estimated calories burned for an hour for an 160 lb. individual.
- Aerobics - Low Impact - 538
- Mowing the Lawn - Power - 346
- Swimming - 461
- Walking - 4 mph - 346
- Bicycling - 12-14 mph - 614
- Golf - cart - 269
- Running - 5 mph - 614
Tip -- Reducing Stomach Fat and Spot Reducing. Frankly, when you lose weight you tend to lose it all over, not just in one area since you are reducing the level of fat overall. However, you can tone specific areas through exercises geared for that troubled area. For example, crunches and variations can tone the muscles under the fat, but you still need to lose fat overall so you can see the difference. Check with a personal trainer to get specific exercises for specific areas such as stomatchs, legs, hips, etc.
Lower Calorie Fast Food Choices
1. Arby's - Light Roast Chicken Deluxe - 276 cal./6 grm fat
2. Boston Market - 1/4 Chicken Breast (w/o skin) - 160 cal./4 grm fat
3. Dunkin Doughnuts - Lowfat Orange/Cranberry Muffin - 230 cal/2 grm fat
4. Pizza Hut - 1 slice Chicken Supreme - Thin Crust - 240 cal/6 grm fat
5. Red Lobster - Baked Grouper, Flounder or Mahi Mahi - 220 cal/3 grm fat
6. Dairy Queen - Soft Serve vanilla - 140 cal/5 grm fat
7. Starbucks - Short Cappuccino - low fat milk - 60 cal/2 grm fat
8. Subway - 6" Veggie Delight Sub - 237 cal/3 grm fat
9. Wendy's - Junior Hamburger - 270 cal/10 grm fat
Activity Calorie Calculator
- Calorie Burn Calculator, Calorie Burning Chart
Calculate how many calories you burn doing different activities using calorie burn calculator or calorie burning chart.
Step 5. Watch What You Eat
You need to watch what you are consuming if you want to be successful.
Get a good idea of caloric values for foods. Research recipes that are low in fat and calories and keep the ingredients on hand. Put your recipes in your journal and plan out a few days or weeks of menus. If you visit fast food restaurants, get nutritional guides and plan what you can eat. Even KFC has grilled chicken now. If you feel deprived if you don't have dessert after dinner, look into low caloric options such as Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.
- Limit fried foods. Everyone knows these are calorie-laden and generally not good for you. Maybe you can't go "cold turkey, but you can make a conscious effort to avoid this as a food choice.
- Find a good for you food you enjoy and keep it in the fridge. For example, if you love turkey breast and it's low in calories and fat, use it as the main dish in many meals so you don't feel deprived.
- Watch the extras. Do you really need that another yeast roll? Avoid cream sauces, gravies, salad dressings, etc. There are lots of calories here. If you can't eliminate it entirely, go with just a drop or two or use low-fat versions. (Yes, you can do it).
- Load up on the fruits and veggies (5-9 servings are recommended). Once again, keep your refrigerator stocked.
- Consume healthy grains -- generally whole wheat is better than cracked wheat, etc. Order or make your sandwiches open-faced.
- Watch your portions, particularly at restaurants. When dining at a restaurant known for serving large portions, consider ordering a salad and then sharing an entrée with your dining partner.
- If you cook or purchase a pie or cake for dessert, slice it into servings, parcel out one serving or half-serving per person and then freeze the remainder separately.
- Olive oil can substitute for butter in many recipes. If you must use butter, use a low-fat version.
- Drink lots of water or low calorie beverages!
- Stay cognizant of what time you eat. Consume most calories earlier in the day (breakfast and lunch) . Eat your last meal of the day as early as possible and avoid eating anything after 8pm. After all, you are probably winding down and won't have the opportunity to burn off later calories.
Step 6. Conquer External and Internal Saboteurs
DO you love buffets and I love desserts -- this is a lethal combination for those who are watching calories. Other occasions spell disaster for many -- birthdays, bad day or any day at work, kid's report card, etc. Use the conquer or avoid rule to stop overeating. If you tend to overeat or eat the wrong foods when you are a stressed or bored, recognize your triggers and resolve to avoid the trap.
- Celebrations/parties/buffets. Make sure you are not hungry when you go. And, watch what you drink. Alcohol, as well as many specialty drinks have a lot of calories. If you enjoy sampling many foods at buffets, just take a half or quarter portion and eat slowly. Avoid desserts that are particularly calorie laden, ie layers of icing, chocolate, fudge, nuts, whip cream, ice cream. Lastly, don't park yourself too close to the food spread; it's just too tempting to get seconds and thirds. Don't wipe out a successful week in a few hours of fun or sugar high.
- Well-meaning and not so well-meaning friends. "Or just a piece, won't hurt . . " Remember your goals. If you really want to drop weight, ignore those who are not going along with the plan. Don't be pressured to eat that first or second piece of pie, unless you are willing to hit the treadmill for an hour -- after you get home at 1 am.
- Setbacks. Everyone has them. Take note of what happened and just continue with the plan. Don't vow to starve yourself the next day; this usually results in overeating the next day. Ban the words "Am I fat?" from your vocabularly.
To Your Success!
Finally, at established milestones, you want to retake your measurements and snap a mid-way and final picture. Now, go out and enjoy that reward, even if it's a dinner out. You are are losing the pounds and the fat slowly and reaching a realistic weight. You have the diet tips and tools to control cravings, lose weight without needless sacrifice!
More by this Author
Leona Gage, 1957 Miss USA, appeared to have the credentials to represent America. She was young, beautiful, charismatic and pragmatic. In fact, she told pageant officials she didn't plan on entering a serious...
Wow. Has another year really passed? Another year with its promises of renewed purpose and better times has happily skipped into view. Are you ready? Are you a goal setter or do you just kinda slip and slide your way...
How many times have you sat, clutching that white slip with those lucky numbers, watching as that round white ball rises or descends, announcing the mega millions winning numbers. How many times have you daydreamed...