Letters to YOU: “How can I enjoy life?”
If life is a game, then you are meant to enjoy playing it. If you are not enjoying your life at the moment, you are simply missing out. Whatever it is that is going on in your life is purely what you have created for yourself, yourself! Your life is your universe and you are the one responsible for creating it. Start using the brightest colours to make your world look exactly how you picture it.
- Take control of your own life. Most people enjoy sorting out someone else’s life before doing so with their own lives. It takes mind of things and it makes them feel valuable and precious. It is the most common mistake one can make. Think of your own life from a third person’s view. How would you help this person? What would you change? Basically, think: “If I were you, I would…”
- Slow down. Whenever you set a goal and take actions, enjoy the journey. It’s the road to success that matters, not only the goal itself. Whatever you do, every action you take – become emotionally involved in the process and don’t rush.
- Make a list of everything you are grateful for in life. People tend to take for granted the most valuable things in life. Start with the basics, be thankful that you are alive, can see, hear, speak, touch, move and feel. I’m sure you can find 101 things to be thankful for. Dramatic life changes start with expressing your gratitude on a daily basis. Find one new thing to be grateful for every day.
- Express yourself. Listen to the music and learn to feel it as well. Learn to play music if you feel like it. Sing whenever you feel sad. Dance to your favourite tunes. Release your energy in the most suitable way for you.
- Spend more time outdoors. Take a walk in the park during your lunch or before you go bed. Look up during your walk, activate your visual memory and appreciate the world around you. Paint your universe in bright colours of your choice.
- Smile and laugh from the bottom of your heart. You never know who might be attracted to your smile. A simple smile will boost your mood and honest laughter will make you live happier.
- Get in the habit of rewarding yourself for everything you do. Even if it’s something as simple as washing the dishes or cooking a lovely meal for your friends. Rewards will keep you motivated and excited.
- Organise a lazy day. Switch off your phone and ditch all the technology for at least 24 hours. Spend the day alone and enjoy every minute of it. Do something you’ve always wanted to try or something that you didn’t have time for lately. Forget about the time, relax in the spa, travel to another town, drive your car, listen to your favourite music, go for a coffee or simply watch your favourite movies. Find the peace within yourself.
- Let go of the past. Concentrate on present. Think about tomorrow. Revisit your happiest memories, feel those happy emotions and move on.
- Appreciate yourself. Don’t criticise or blame yourself. Find all the possible reasons for loving yourself. The most important person in your life is you. Think of all the great things you’ve done in your life so far. If you haven’t done something, plan and do it.
- Concentrate on solutions, not problems. Life is challenging, problems come and go. Change your attitude towards problems and think of the actions you can take to resolve them.
- Happiness is contagious, jealousy is destructive. Be happy for other’s success and learn from them. Be good to life and it will be good to you!
Be healthy, happy and wealthy…. & Remember: “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.”
Always by your side,
Join our Facebook page: Life Skills Emporium
P.S. What do YOU do to enjoy YOUR life?