List Seven: 10 Reasons you should exercise everyday
Everyone Needs Exercise
No matter what your age, you should be exercising everyday. When I say exercise I don't mean going to a gym and using a myriad of different equipment nor do I mean following a strict work-out routine. What I am referring to by exercise is simply being physically active each and every day. This physical activity could be anything from cleaning your house, to taking a walk or just playing outside with your kids. You don't have to sweat buckets or fall down from exhaustion to reap the benefits of daily exercise.
How Much Exercise Do I Need Each Day?
Experts agree that every one should be getting between 30 - 60 minutes of exercise every single day for optimal health benefits. However, if you are trying to lose weight or have other health related issues, this amount of time can vary. Pregnant and lactating women also have different requirements. The best advice is to consult with a physican before beginning any structured exercise plan.
Why Should I Exercise when I could be Hubbing?
That is a mighty fine question and I am going to answer it for you. Here are 10 great reasons you should exercise every day:
1. Weight Management -- Regular physical activity burns excess calories and fat which helps to shed those unwanted pounds or prevent the appearance of them. Of course exercise alone can't help lose weight or maintain your weight, you also need to eat a healthy balanced diet.
2. Improves your Mood -- Exercise releases endorphins which promotes feelings of happiness and combats feelings of depression and anxiety.
3. Combat Chronic Diseases -- That's right! Exercise can reduce your risk of various chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and type II diabetes. Let me be clear that just because you exercise doesn't mean you will not ever get these diseases, it simply reduces your risk of getting them.
4. Improves your Cardiovascular Health -- Exercising delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. This increased blood flow strengthens your heart & lungs making them work more efficiently which in turn leaves you able to have the energy to do the things you enjoy.
5. Reduces the Risk of Cancer -- Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer in women up to 60%! Two hormones that a woman encounters during the menstrual cycle are linked to breast cancer but research shows that regular exercise can decrease the amount of time that a woman must "fight" these hormones.
6. Improves your Self-Esteem -- Exercising makes you feel good about yourself which leads to higher self-esteem. The control of your body image via exercise along with the self-discipline gained will spill over into all other aspects of your life giving you more confidence.
7. Stronger Muscles -- Consistent exercise builds stronger muscles. This is a great benefit for several reasons such as it can be sexually appealing to the opposite sex, it gives you greater ability to lift heavy things, and the more muscle mass you have the more calories you will burn.
8. Better Looking Skin -- As mentioned above, regular exercise increases the amount of nutrients circulated throughout your body including oxygen to the skin. This improves your skin color and increases the production of collagen which is the connective tissue that plumps your skin.
9. Fewer Colds -- Daily physical activity helps to jump-start your immune system resulting in fewer colds and viruses.
10. Increased Brain Power -- Again, exercise boosts the flow of blood and oxygen through the body, including to the brain. This boost faster firing of brain waves that are responsible for quick thinking. It has also been stated that this will help keep your mind sharper later in life and even reduce the chances of getting Alzheimer's Disease.
A Series of Lists
- For the Love of Lists
- List One: 10 Free Activities to Keep your Children Entertained this Summer
- List Two: 10 Funniest Comedians
- List Three: 10 Tips for Successful Potty Training
- List Four: 10 Best Websites for Free Stuff, Making Money, Games, and Much More
- List Five: 10 Fun Feline Facts
- List Six: 10 Most Absurd Laws
- List Seven: 10 Reasons you should exercise everyday
- List Eight: 10 Wackiest Criminal Defenses
Get Up Off the Couch!!
So now that you know all the benefits, what are you still doing sitting here? Get up and get active!
Remember, exercise doesn't have to be boring--make it a family affair or do it with a group of friends. Go dancing--it's fun and it counts as exercise : )
Don't forget to check back tomorrow for list eight: 10 Wackiest Criminal Defenses
More by this Author
Having children is both a blessing and a curse...especially when you are outnumbered by your children. Learn how to effectively manage your children and have a happier, calm, home life...
Anyone who has been in trouble with the law knows that the best way to avoid consequences is to have a good lawyer. But even the best lawyer can bomb if you don't have a solid defense. So, this list is...
The single most important a new mom has to make is whether to breastfeed or bottle feed their new baby. Learn the advantages and disadvantages of both options...