Benefits of fennel: where to buy fennel seeds
Buy Frontier Fennnel Seeds or McCormick Fennel Seeds
In India, the vibrant green magical seeds of fennel are called saunf in Hindi. A fennel seed is a natural sex stimulant in impotency, appetizer in decreased appetite, laxative in constipation, diuretic for kidneys, galactagogue for breastfeeding mothers, anthelmintic for parasitic worms in stomach, alexiteric for toxins in the body, a stomachic for upset stomach, a herbal remedy for weight loss.
Besides this, there are multiple other benefits of fennel seeds including but not limited to fennel seeds are used to treat eye diseases, dysentery, and leprosy. Fennel seeds work like an arrow of god in menstrual irregularity in women.
Fennel seeds are helpful in treatment of burning sensation of eyes, wounds, thirst, and fever. Fennel leaves contain diuretic properties.
Fennel fruit is helpful in treatment of venereal diseases.
Fennel tea made up by fennel seeds is useful in treatment of digestive problems. Application of pure organic fennel oil available online is beneficial for breast enlargement in women. Therefore fennel is known as a natural breast enlargement herb.
Fennel oil is also used in base lotion or skin cream for general skin care. The fennel root also known as fennel bulb is used in salad recipes which serves the purpose of natural appetizer and natural digestion enhancer.
Fennel juice when combined with carrot and beet juice becomes a really delicious herbal health drink. As fennel is in high demand, you can buy fennel seeds, fennel bulb, fennel tea, fennel juice either at an online store like Amazon or EBay or at a local grocery store like Safeway or Fred Meyer. If you are searching for where to buy fennel pollen or saunf, then also you can purchase them from Amazon or EBay.
Buy Wild Fennel Pollen by ChefShop
The scientific name of fennel is Foeniculum vulgare. In India, Sanskrit name of fennel is shatapushpa and it is also know as Indian sweet fennel or Indian fennel. The plant of fennel has a slightly spicy flavor with herbaceous aroma and scent. Fennel plant is a plant that is widely recognized not only as an edible in salads and condiment, but is recognized in herbalism, natural medicine, ayurvedic medicine, and aromatherapy due to its amazing medicinal benefits and therapeutic properties.
Fennel plant belongs to the Umbelliferae family of usually aromatic plants perennial plants. A fennel plant can reach 5 feet in height. The flowers of fennel plant are yellow in color and very attractive to bees.
Fennel plant forms a rosette of leaves at the ground level and from the center of these leaves grows an erect stem that is branched with little round leaves that are arranged in pods commonly called as fennel pods. These fennel pods are gray-green in color and are long and filiform. The fruit of fennel is oblong and dark gray in color with a pleasant aromatic smell.
History and Symbolism of Fennel or Foeniculum vulgare
The Latin term Foeniculum comes from Foenum hay. It has also been referred to fenículo name or yerba santa. The fennel plant was very popular among ancient Chinese and was used as a herbal remedy for snake bites.
Ancient Egyptians and Romans also recognized the digestive and antitoxic properties of fennel seeds.
Fennel was also believed effective in treatment of various eye disorders, especially cataracts in old people.
Fennel extract was helpful in expelling worms from ears.
Fennel was also popular as a herbal remedy to lose weight as it provided a sense of satiety. Fennel has also been used as a herbal remedy for infant colic.
In the medieval times, fennel was called as fenklo and was believed to chase away evil spirits and fleas from dogs and that is why fennel was often planted near the kennels of animals.
Origin and Distribution of FennelThe fennel plant grows mainly in the Mediterranean rim or Mediterranean basin. Fennel is also cultivated in many parts of Egypt and Asia. In the American continent, fennel is grown very well in parts of Argentina and is a popular herbal remedy for breast enlargement among beautiful Argentina girls.
Buy Fennel Tea - A Natural Remedy For Stomach Gas and Flatulence
10 Amazing Benefits of Fennel
- Fennel is popular for its carminative and antispasmodic properties.
- Fennel is helpful in treatment of dyspepsia, flatulence, anorexia, and gastrointestinal spasms.
- Fennel is an excellent natural body purifier, as it cleans away the toxins resulting from too much alcohol and food.
- Fennel is beneficial in treatment of gout, to eliminate toxic waste.
- Fennel is a natural remedy for hiccups, nausea, and vomiting.
- Fennel relieves indigestion and stress and by calming the nervous system.
- Fennel performs a cleaning action on our intestines and relieves constipation and flatulence.
- Fennel is good for liver, kidney, and spleen, as it acts as a natural herbal tonic for all three organs.
- Fennel’s antispasmodic and expectorant properties are useful in treatment of bronchitis and whooping cough.
- Fennel is a natural diuretic.
Buy Breast Actives Breast Enhancement Cream (contains fennel seed extract)
10 More Health Benefits of Fennel
- Fennel is helpful if included in weight loss diets.
- Fennel oil is most valuable oil to get rid of cellulite.
- Fennel facilitates secretion of milk in breastfeeding mothers.
- Fennel activates the glandular system mimicking estrogen hormone, thereby increasing breast size in a natural way.
- Fennel is effective in treatment of menopausal problems.
- Fennel is a natural aphrodisiac and works best in cases of poor sexual response.
- Fennel oil utilized in skin creams acts as a natural herbal skin tonic and cleanser.
- On the emotional level, fennel aromatherapy oil gives strength and builds self-confidence and courage.
- Fennel increases self-esteem.
- Fennel provides mental clarity and dynamism in cases of fatigue and mental exhaustion.
Benefits of Fennel Root - Organic A to Z FENNEL
Are you searching for where to buy fennel oil, your search ends here
Side Effects and Abuse of Fennel Oil
- Fennel oil can become toxic if used in high doses and can irritate the skin.
- Avoid contact of fennel oil with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not use fennel oil on children under 6 years of age or pregnant women or people suffering from seizures as it has the tendency to induce seizures.
Ajika Fennel Seeds or Saunf - Indian Herb & Indian Spice
Breastfeeding should be a choice of supplement for every mom until and unless their baby is one year old. I think it is really necessary for the baby to drink mother's milk for at least one year. In India, I know several working moms who take one year off from their jobs just because for the needs of their babies because Indian women are aware of the benefits of mother's milk.
Regarding decreased secretion of mother's milk directly after childbirth is really concerning. Saunf water (water of fennel seeds) and fennel tea is very beneficial for moms who are unable to secret milk for their babies. Some people say that decreased milk production exactly after child birth is due to delayed hormones and delayed expression of motherly feelings for the newborn, some people say that the mother is suffering from general body weakness and malaise. Due to all these reasons, directly after birth of newborn and after cleaning the baby off with required disinfectants and liquids (I do not know their specific medical names), nurses keep the babies with the mom so that they can get attached with their baby and then also if the milk does not come out on its own for two or more days, doctors prescribe some types of granules (again I do not remember the name of that). In these types of cases, drinking one glass of fennel water every three hours a day helps in secretion of mother's milk in abundance and the results can be seen in the first day or next day.
How to make fennel water from fennel seeds?
- For making one liter of fennel water, take two to three tablespoons of fennel seeds or saunf.
- Take one large pan and put the fennel seeds and 1.25 liter of water in that.
- Now let the water boil with fennel seeds for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After boiling for 10 to 15 mins, let it cool down.
- Now take 1 liter bottle with wide mouth and place a filter on that.
- Now pour all the water from the pan via the filter in the bottle so that only remnants of fennel seeds are left on the filter and water gets collected in the bottle.
- Your fennel water is ready for drinking.
This is my personal experience at the time of birth of my daughter.
More by this Author
Hi friends. Today, I am going to share a secret home remedy with you which my mother used to give me when I was a child suffering from cough and cold. Especially In India it has been observed...
A simple and straightforward guide to prevent and treat mouth ulcers. Also read about the the causes, signs, and symptoms.
Chilling winter or hot summer, Manali has long remained one of the most adorable hill stations in India. Manali is not like Shimla, it is not like Mussoorie or Nainital. It is different. Let us find.