Lasik Surgery: Is it Right for You?
Helpful Tips for Finding a Lasik Surgeon
Your vision is one of your most treasured senses. However, if you wear glasses or contacts, you can’t help but envy those who don’t have to pack eye-care related items for trips or for driving around in Atlanta. Lasik surgery appears to be the solution, but how do you know who you can trust? While looking for a Lasik surgeon, will take some time, it is worth it—after all, it’s your eyes. To help you with your search for a Lasik surgeon, here are a few things to keep in mind.
· Get referrals from your optometrist, as well as those you know. You can also check online for referrals based on your region.
· Don’t be afraid to travel some for a qualified Lasik surgeon, but remember that there will be several pre-op and post-op visits.
· Ask questions of the Lasik surgeon you are considering. These should include:
o How many Lasik procedures has the surgeon preformed?
o Will the surgeon be a part of the whole process?
o How many of the patients now have 20/20 vision?
o How many, if any, patients have had problem?
o What kind of test do they perform before the procedure? Pre-op test should include checking for dryness, measuring the pupil and mapping the shape of your eye.
· Ask for references from other patients or from staff members who have had Lasik.
· Find out what type of Laser is used, if it is approved by the FDA and whether it has been adjusted by a third party.
As you get referrals for Lasik surgeons, don’t be in a hurry making your decision on a “first found, first chosen” basis. You also don’t want to make a selection based solely on cost. Like many things, you get what you pay for, and you want the best for your eyes. Consequently, if you can’t afford to get a quality Lasik surgeon to do the procedure, you are better off to save your money and get it done when you have the amount you need. A Lasik procedure is a life time investment, so be sure to get the best.
No comments yet.