Finding Joy with Aromatherapy and Meditation
The 'finding joy' meditation technique incorporates the use of essential oils and helps one leave behind the mundane and humdrum events of daily life, and assists in finding joy and happiness.
This meditation is a celebration of life and propels one to be happy. It prevents the dwelling on past incidences and helps cope with the stress of one’s erratic lifestyle.
How to do the Meditation?
Choose from one of the following essential oils:
- roman chamomile
Float the chosen aroma oil on the water of a burner and light its candle.
Sit comfortably on the floor or on a straight backed chair. Close your eyes and try to focus on a soothing image.
The Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils for Meditation
Essential oils are living and dynamic, rather than inert substances. The action of the essential oils on the mind and feelings is complex and subtle. The oils normalize and balance the body. They soften emotions and uplift the mind.
The essential oils listed above are soothing, reviving and balancing. They cheer one up and help find laughter and joy in life. The soft and delicate qualities of these oils help one connect with the inner child and banish gloom, worry and emotional turmoil.
Psychologically, these oils inspire euphoria and restore confidence and optimism. They spring clean the mind and bring clarity when the mind is confused or weary.
The Meditation Technique
Sit comfortably and try to empty the mind. Let go of racing, unwanted and troubling thoughts. Take a few soothing breaths and try to relax.
- Look at the candle and enjoy its flickering light. Become aware of the effect of the vaporizing essential oils.
- Notice the inner blue flame of the candle and the outer gold flame.
- Observe how the flame flickers and seems alive.
- Take several deep breaths and soak in the fragrance of the essential oils.
- Visualize the light from the candle entering the heart, instilling immense joy and cheerfulness. The whole body feels vibrant and light. Feel the body becoming luminous.
- Rejoice and celebrate the gift of life and drive out all negative and distressing emotions.
- Imagine the light and joy expanding to the entire room, filling it. Then imagine it flowing out in to the environment, and then in to the whole world.
- Wherever the light goes, it brings joy.
- Feel rejuvenated and revitalized.
- Now, watch the breath for a few moments and gradually end the session.
Stress and tension are major problems that one is confronted with, and using essential oils to relieve anxiety, worry, anger and frustration are one of the most remarkable features of aromatherapy. What’s more, combining aromatherapy with meditation, induces deeper and more peaceful sensations, and brings harmony to the body-mind-soul.
More by this Author
Bile juices aid in the digestion of fats. During pregnancy however, bile reflux is fairly common and can lead to a host of unpleasent symptoms. Here are some herbs and home remedies along with some home based and...
Yoga poses have a profound effect on the overall health of an individual. Here are two yoga postures- Sun sequence and Tree pose which make the body healthy and supple; and also provide other significant benefits. These...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.