jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Guy shoots self to wake up after taking mushrooms

1. jpcmc profile image87
    jpcmcposted 4 years ago

I'm not really sure about the logic behind this.  Shooting yourself to wake up is just dumb.  Good thing he survived.  No more mushrooms for you dude.

http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/deputie … aking_news

1. tirelesstraveler profile image87
      tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In May I listened to a mushroom expert on NPR.  She talked about taking psychedelic mushrooms.  She said said it was a very enlightening experience, that she had never been more alive.  In my opinion anything that takes years to learn shouldn't be experimented with by teenagers. Apparently the young man almost made the brain dead mentality of youth permanent.  Thank God 22's don't pack much of a wallop. The headache would be pretty fierce.

2. avorodisa profile image88
    avorodisaposted 4 years ago

Fungis make reality less real, and more dream-like. They also provoke unstable emotional states. Some people try fungis for fun for the first time but they don't know how to do this. This drug is very dangerous! It can provoke hallucinations, anxiety and other unpleasant psychic effects. Steer clear of fungis!

1. jpcmc profile image87
      jpcmcposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are there any regulations or laws controlling these mushrooms?  If they are dangerous I suppose someone has to control them.

1. avorodisa profile image88
        avorodisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about laws. But I think it's one's responsibility to be aware of what one is consuming and of its consequences.

1. jpcmc profile image87

I'm sure they have an idea what to expect.  That's why they take it.

1. peeples profile image89
            peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are laws against it in the state I live in. They did a big Shroom bust about a month ago where the guy had thousands growing in his basement. I did my fair share many years ago and never had any experience worth shooting myself over!

1. jpcmc profile image87

I understand how it can be regulated when grown in the house.  But what about those growing in the wild?  I guess I'm just thinking ahead of myself.  At least something is being done as of the moment.

3. Attikos profile image77
    Attikosposted 4 years ago

Each fall, I take a weekend hiking trip to a particular mountain area where 'shrooms grow in abundance. It's a beautiful place, but I enjoy going there not just for the fall leaves, the spectacular vistas, and the crisp, starry nights but to see the college students. Small bands of them are all over the side of the mountain where the psylocybins grow. Their antics are hilarious. It's better than a Broadway show. I find myself a good seat in the warm sun atop a high rock, break out the binoculars, and laugh myself silly.

I've yet to see one of them shoot himself, though. Maybe if I watch more carefully ...

1. jpcmc profile image87

It would be a funny sight until someone gets hurt.  So, let's just stick with the funny. lol

4. JC the Nomad profile image60
    JC the Nomadposted 4 years ago

My friend used to do mushrooms, but one morning he woke up spooning a loaded AK-47 so he quit.

Oh, he owns an AK-47 by the way.

working