The Use of Creatine? How It Works?

1. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

Just wanted to know the use of creatine and whether its useful to use for those who're starting to workout or already fit.

1. TeachComputers profile image60
      TeachComputersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Creatine is used to stop the build up of lactic acid in your muscles I believe, meaning you can get more reps before failure. I think it also makes you muscles swell a little due to water retention, making them look a little bigger. I have also read it helps speed up recovery time from workouts.

I took creatine for a few months whilst on a 3 day split weights routine, however I did not see any noticeable increases in reps or strength, compared to my regular increases with just protein. I did a loading week then once a day each morning with grape juice.

1. eggbryo profile image60
        eggbryoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Creatine is widely used by athletes and sports enthusiasts to help boost their energy before workouts though for some like what TeachComputers mentioned, they never got to feel the lift in energy as others have claimed.
        I have just gotten back to doing my regular workout routines after a long absence due to busy schedule.  What I am taking is an all-natural supplement packed with complete and balanced 22 amino acids with trace minerals, vitamins, marine protein, and plant extracts introduced by a friend some time back.  This has greatly helped me with my workout regimen as to energy is concerned and works well with creatine.