Do you have Sjogrens or have you ever heard about this disease?

1. mismazda profile image60
    mismazdaposted 4 years ago

I was recently diagnosed with this diease Sjogrens, and I had heard about it breifly when Venus Williams was diagnosed with it, but I was not interested about the disease at that time, but when I got diagnosed with this my world changed. Now I cant read enough about.

1. innerspin profile image89
      innerspinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hope you're doing okay. I had a doc raise the subject of Sjogrens as I have mild rheumatoid arthritis and often have dry,sore eyes. They seemed to decide I didn't have it but had a poor quality tear film. Recently a research nurse at work was asking for volunteers to give blood for a project involving hospital patients with Sjorgrens, comparing elements of their blood with people in the rest of the population. Lots of us volunteered, as I work in a hospital. She took about seven or eight little bottles of samples, I thought it would just be one! Anyway, let's hope the researchers make some headway into the condition. Best of luck to you.

2. mismazda profile image60
    mismazdaposted 4 years ago

Thanks innerspin...yeap the medical world do not know too much about this took me almost two years of going to a rheumatologist , before I got diagnosed...but it details more than dry eys and dry mouth...eventhough they are the number one sign...thanks again for your response...each day is different....but I have to continue striving for better