jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Fast Food: Is it healthy or not...?

1. mrnasir profile image61
    mrnasirposted 4 years ago

How many of you know exactly what are the outcomes of fast food to our health?
    1.Healthy 2.Good 3.Bad 4.Worse.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think the obvious answer would be what kind of fast food you are eating.
      You can go to McDonald's and get a salad or a double quarter pounder with cheese. They are both "fast food." But one is obviously healthier than the other.
      Most fast food places are getting better at introducing healthier options in their menus. I can now go to fast-food restaurant pretty confident that there will be at least a couple of healthy options to choose from.

mrnasirposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I saw in several places.

2. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago

There are gourmet fast food. I think it all dpends on what your definition of fast food is. Are you referring to fast food in terms of Kentucky, Burger King and such like or are you referring to places where you can get your meals in a hurry.

We have a fast food restaurant in Jamaica known as Island Grill where the food is healthy. The main dishes are jerk chicken, jerk fish and other Jamaican food. Of course there are fries and other sides that are fried but this are optional. You can opt for healthy rice with your meal instead.

mrnasirposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3. mrnasir profile image61
      mrnasirposted 4 years ago

Good point! Yes some food are ok.
      But in majority,people are eating healthy food or....
      .what do you think?

4. jaydawg808 profile image89
      jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I believe that it depends on how often and what kind of fast food you are eating.  Obviously, if you're eating Big Mac's and Whoppers every day for 7-days a week, you may have some potential health issues from this.  However, if you indulge in fast food moderately (perhaps 2-times a week) I don't think there's too much harm. 

You also have to really look at what you are eating.  If you're eating a salad, but dousing it with fatty dressing, it's not going to help you at all.

5. Wellnessinrva profile image62
      Wellnessinrvaposted 4 years ago

I think it is best to avoid fast food whenever possible.  Salads can be healthy options but be careful - some sneak in more calories and fat in their dressings or add-ons that can make a Big Mac the better choice.  This article offers some helpful information: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/0 … e_Baseline