Horrible Panic ATTACK!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (45 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years ago

Hi,

I had a horrible panic attack today
    I'm still trying to calm down

It's because I"m withdrawing off medicine my doctor told me to

I'm at home alone

Luckily I realize it and reached out

i thought it was something else bothering me but it's not really

It's a horrible panic attack

It got worse and I got home when I was out

And something prob set it off

But it got bad

And I didn't know what to do

----------------------

I AKSED MY FAMLY AND FRIENDS TO PLEASE REMIND ME IF I ACT FUNNY
    TO REMIND ME I'M WITHDRAWING

ITS NOT EASY
    IF IT GETS WORSE i HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSP

BUT It's good I figured it out because I'm smart

(I'm still going thru it)

So, please reach out and remind me I"m withdrawing
    I don't know what will happen
    but my doc told me i might have a hallucinataion

I had one the first night - 4 days ago
    I felt like I was being tickled which i was asleep but it didn't last long
    and I felt a lot better

I'm okay now.

1. WAHmom profile image74
      WAHmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hi, you'll be fine...our mind is very powerful so...be calm, think of positive things and try to get that panic attack feeling out of hour mind now.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

I did self soothing last night without even thinking I was doing it
    I took a nice bath with bubbles and bath oil
    It was  nice

I just called several people and was told to go for a walk so I did and it helped

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

I need people to talk to on facebook, so if you're a facebook firend of mine, please talk to me when I try to talk to you. thnaks

1. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are doing really well, I guess it is not easy but tell yourself that you are making progress. smile
      Not on Facebook but sending good wishes to you.

schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile I've been thru many challenges like thi sbefore!

1. 2uesday profile image65
          2uesdayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is the photo of your pet cat it looks a very happy cat?

yes. his name was lenny. hmm yes. he was a good cat.

1. IzzyM profile image87
              IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is he dead now? (you said he was a good cat)

yes. unfortunately. he was living at my mom's and he disappeared

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Rosie.  Thought we were already friends on FB.  Look me up there if you want.  smile

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

I got a nest of ground bees out back. Zillions of em. Big opening in the
    ground like a gofer hole. They don't bother me and I don't bother them.
    But never had one around here before.

lol !!!

5. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 11 years ago

Good wishes from here, too, SGFR.  Hang in there!

What's the best way we can help you here? Distraction? Conversation? Rationality and logic or silliness and humor?

A friend of a friend of mine had a serious panic attack when she was on a cruise ship. That had to be awful. You are such a clear-headed thinker (I think), that I know you know what's going on now. I admire you for reaching out for the help you need to get through it.  Just keep us apprised of what we need to know to do our job, okay?

smile I started dancing, I have so much energy now. lol.

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

Thank you

I'm on half of my seroquel, 200 now 100

and on respieridol up to 4mg I think

the withdrawls but also
    resperiedol makes me have lots of energy.

I'm dancing (that's why I mentioned energy) give me energy, will prob lose more wiegt!

7. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

I might post my embarrassing video dancing just for laughs

1. IzzyM profile image87

The point of this is what?

just kidding lol. (not me obviouslyl) do you really want to see the 'fat' me? lol.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Seriously? You linked this spoof video because you wanted to be the child-like waif that appeared on it?  Really?

That person was not a woman, which I assume you are.

Take your mind away from super-skinny child-like creatures because they are not what could be considered 'normal'.

In fact, I was mildly disturbed by that video.

I know it is a spoof, the guy with the dark, seductive and attractive looks and the girl with the waif-like body.

He struck me as too full of himself, with too much emphasis on his macho body - pity about the lack of brain cells - while she struck me as a 'somewhere over the rainbow child' with an overactive sexual appetite.

'Child' was still the operative word.

Don't listen to labels, hun. Don;t let yourself be part of a clique. You are you, a unique person (that has multiple posted in this thread, but then again as the OP, that is your right, I suppose).

No I didn't want to be the waif. The one I did was a little embarrassing so I decided not to post it. It's too late now, I deleted it LOL; I'm better at singing than dancing. I've a bit heavy right now. Over 200lbs. But losing weight thou thank God. wow your comment is a bit rude! dude

1. IzzyM profile image87

What part is rude? I was trying to help, but I won't bother in future.

Trying to help? right lol

1. IzzyM profile image87

I don't like people pre-judging my intentions. Post-judging and getting it wrong is even worse.

I never had any problem with you until you started posting negatively towards me.

You do know that if you look for trouble, you will find it?

8. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

ok this is the fat me dancing. ha ha!
    nah i can't sorry.

I think this could help me lose a lot of weight! lol

9. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 11 years ago

Whatever else is going on   -  you have just invented hyper-posting big_smile

smile

10. Aficionada profile image80

LOL - SGFR, how are you doing now?  How's the dancing?  Do you need some fast music?  My newest Hub has some great YouTube clips with fast music (some of it, anyway - some is slow). It's all Fifties music - all of that super-oldie-goldie stuff.

Good, thank you. Thank God! lol.

11. Sawfishlagoon profile image60
    Sawfishlagoonposted 11 years ago

smile

12. mirajam profile image61
    mirajamposted 11 years ago

There are so many things that you can do, love, to cure yourself from panic and anxiety disorder. 
    I did. 
    It takes HUGE commitment, willpower, strength, and faith.

I was on heavy meds for a while, but then I became determined to heal myself without meds.

If you seriously want to heal yourself, you can!  You have the power. 

Big Hugs,
    Mira

Thank  you Mira!

13. Aficionada profile image80

How's the transition going, schoolgirl? It sounds like you are doing much better! Is that correct? Did you manage to dance away that panic attack (lol)?

One of my son's friends has an anxiety disorder, and one of the things that helps him a lot is physical exercise. (Truthfully, I think most of us in the Western world need a lot more exercise than we get from day to day - or maybe it's just me and my family.)

Hang in there and keep us posted.

It's a lot better. If you read my latest hubs you'll learn more. I"m off the drug I was detoxing off of. I feel so much better, thank you!!

True!

14. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Were you going off one drug and starting another better drug for you?. I'll bet that is really difficult. I was afraid to try it one time. I will read the hub. Good luck.

I think I cancelled the hub, the change didn't work the new one made me extremely restless- resulting in  the hyper posting. It was miserable I couldn't sleep or function well.

15. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

If you don't like these kind of posts,
    then blame the doctors who mess up people's lives with ignorant
    ways they treat their patients.

This doctor messed me up for almost a month.

16. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 11 years ago

I enjoyed the Dirty Dancing Parody vid! I laughed a lot while watching - thx for posting, SGFR!

Are you feeling more steady now?

I have panic disorder but use natural methods to deal with it 'cos I'm also a recovering addict and can't take most medications. Panic attacks are no fun at all but mine are well managed now via meditation and thinking "prompts" (previously arranged thinking prompts to get my mind out of "train-wreck" mode).

I hope you're balancing out better regarding the med withdrawal, etc.

Thanks, yes I'm doing great (much better) now. Thank you.

17. ALUR profile image60
    ALURposted 11 years ago

Panic often occurs in different forms and often without warning. I use Emotional Freedom Techniques and breathing when I remember to reduce the pain and fear. Try it...and remember panic is a warning sign of listening to your body and your fears...

18. rodney80 profile image75
    rodney80posted 11 years ago

No way, Very fast measure to take medication then start doing Yoga, specially pranayama ( deep breathing exercises). Yoga works excellent but takes time and obviously, to start Yoga take help of an competent teacher, specially for pranayama.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)