jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

The Most Painful Thing My Bipolar Mother Has Ever Done

1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure how many of you know my story, but I know that quite a few of the old hands do.

My mother tried to kill me as a child. I can remember it happening. I always thought that she'd simply blocked it out as too painful to deal with - and I could deal with that, as it at least showed she felt bad about what she'd done.

Recently I found out she hadn't blocked it out - she'd rewritten it. In fact she now claims that she didn't try and kill me at all but that some mysterious stranger tried to kill me and that she was attempting to save my life. And that she faked being bipolar for 20 years "to help me". Well she did a great job faking it!

She is now on Hubpages, writing her crap. Fortunately I have 20 years of proof that most of what she says are lies. But it still hurts.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If she's on hubpages, you should contact the staff. That's tantamount to harassment.

WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

She hasn't attempted to contact me in any way here, so I doubt they'd do anything.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok, but is she does, which obviously will be even more upsetting for you, then you should consider it.

2. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

She's used such obvious names as wrylilts mother and wrylilts mum.

I saw that the other day and really feel for you. I knew you had some issues with her, but didn't know the full story.

I am so sorry to hear it sad

WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I thought it would be better to make the information public than have the confusion of people wondering who she was. I have a hub on it somewhere.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

wow...that's too bad WryLitt that your mother has signed on here...i recall your story..it's a terrible life experience.

peace to you.......

4. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

I keep conversations with my mother as limited as possible- the dog, the weather, shopping. If reality intrudes there will a lot of problems.

Self delusion is just normal in my family and probably in a lot of others.

1. udontnomi profile image60
      udontnomiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not mine, but I concur with yours.

5. udontnomi profile image60
    udontnomiposted 4 years ago

My mother brought me into this hard, cold, cruel world. The only way out is death. She gave birth to me just so I could die. Such unthoughtfulness! It is horrid!

6. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

WryLilt try to take comfort in the fact that lots of the Hubbers who have been here for a while feel as if they know you and trust you.  You are always helpful in offering advice on how to write here and which reveals the sort of person you are. It is difficult to rise above someone else's health problems but you have overcome the past, to be the person you are now.

If a person's online name here included your own it might be worth contacting the Hubpages team.

7. Faith Reaper profile image86
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Oh, dear one, I am so sorry you have been through this.  Mental Illness or whatever it is that is going on with your mother is a terrible thing for all concerned.  I will pray for you and your mother.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

8. cheaptrick profile image76
    cheaptrickposted 4 years ago

Hi WryLit.I'm embarrassed to say I somehow was not following you;that's been corrected.I have read some of your hubs and would like to add my support and encouragement to all the other good hubbers[but only the good ones Ha!]on this thread.Stay the course,HP is your home turf and you have many friends[and one new one]here.