jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Pregnant and can't sleep

1. Beverly Kase profile image59
    Beverly Kaseposted 4 years ago via iphone

I am 5 months pregnant and my sleeping schedule has turned to real bad. I have been staying up all night going to bed at the latest 9am the next morning,waking up at the latest 8pm. And sometimes I will sleep earliest at 4am wake up at 4pm and still be so tired.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Sounds like restless legs, not uncommon in pregnancy. Try things that will help you relax or feel sleepy. Milk, sandwhich, soft music, low lighting.

2. Beverly Kase profile image59
      Beverly Kaseposted 4 years ago

it's not really a restless leg, I don't know I just am more exhausted in the day time than I am at night, and I tried staying up all day and not sleeping just so I can sleep early at night but it doesn't work. I don't know why, but about that restless leg thing, I am actually glad I don't feel that because I really hate the feeling. Thank you for commenting.

3. vbonilla117 profile image60
      vbonilla117posted 4 years ago

Your body is adjusting to the hormones and getting ready for when you won't be able to sleep. lol Almost 4 months left

Beverly Kaseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

you could be right but this i my second child and the first time didn't feel as bad as this one sad

4. tohimilook profile image60
      tohimilookposted 4 years ago

Have you discussed this with your doctor.

I have an appointment tomorrow and I plan on saying something. I also get to find ou the gender of my baby smile

5. kat_thurston profile image60
      kat_thurstonposted 4 years ago

I have 5 children and I remember going through the exact same thing with all of them. I believe it has a lot to do with our body's adjust to being pregnant and our hormones being all out of wack. then when they would come home from the hospital the baby would have their days and nights mixed up for about a month or so. It will eventually get better but for now just rest when and as much as you can cause your gonna need it. I wish the best of luck and congrulations on the new baby.

Thank you very much. I find out the gender tomorrow so I am excited. Also with my first one I was on a normal schedule. I was also more energetic which is why my daughter is so active. For this second one I would be tired in odd times and odd places even when there is noise, and sometimes I find myself forcing my eyes to stay close so I can sleep. Ive tried boring movies to fall asleep but being pregnant makes them interesting..lol I know it will get better thank you. I am excited for the baby to come already. smile

working