jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Rain or Pending Rain Gives Me a Headache

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Any one else experiencing this side effect?

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I do, GmaGoldie!  I've never asked a doctor, but my uneducated guess would be that it's because of the pressure change that accompanies rain and pending rain.  I tend to experience the headache until the rain starts and then it begins to dissipate.

But you are certainly not alone.

smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi, My mom used to tell us when we were kids that when it is about to rain, the warm air rises up from the ground and it will make you a little bit sick that is why we were not allowed to go out of the house. smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image85
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Me too. I can always tell there is rain about...

2. tirelesstraveler profile image88
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Biometric pressure changes cause nasty sinus headaches.

3. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

When the atmospheric pressure is very high, I become really tired and lethargic. This tends to happen on sunny, still days rather than just before rain though.

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

107 degrees lethargisizes the heck out of me. big_smile

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Eek! Are you still stuck in that heatwave? Strange, over here in Britain we've had the coldest summer ever. My tomatoes are only just starting to ripen.

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Worst appears to be over. Mid-90's for the next several days. I'm starting to unlethargisize as we speak.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Getting headaches due to changes in barometric pressure is actually pretty common.  So is having joints or old injuries ache for the same reason.

If you get a barometer for your house, you'll get alerted somewhat to the weather changes that bring on your headaches.

5. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

My body senses the changes before a storm. It manifests itself in different ways, sometimes a headache, joints hurting, feeling bloated, etc. Not much fun - feel like a barometer!!

working