jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Chickenpox as an Adult - Help

1. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

OK, I finally got it as an adult in my late 30s. What a horrible time to get it,especially when traveling abroad.

It started out as a fever for 2 days, then itching near my neck, showed a small rash afterwards, then a few bumps on my chest, stomach and face 3rd day. 4th day many more bumps in all of the same areas, 5th day some blisters are pus-filled on my face, larger than a normal pimple. I looked like a monster, a deformed person with warts on my face and upper torso and a small sprinkling on my arm and legs.

After 2 weeks, they started to diminish and leave marks. My face blisters went down faster that week but now that has reversed course as the ones on the chest and stomach have blended well with my skin tone and are fading. My face gets more sun so the body is an olive tone but my face has definite indications of  marks.
    Note: I have the skin color of Michelle Rodriguez/Derek Fisher of Lakers) being of mixed race.
    I have applied vitamin e capsules on them as I heard that will help grow new skin and get rid of the darker color marks on my forehead and nose.

I also put calimine lotion on them from the 7th day until 14th day along with some pure aloe vera gel as well.

Anyway on day 23,over 3 weeks, they are gone from chest & stomach for the most part, not embarassed to take off my shirt anymore but boy they were big and pussy,

I am traveling in south America, yes, I know what a time to get Chickenpox. It had to happen here as I had already been there for a month and never got a vaccine as a kid.  It has a 3 weeks incubation period.

My question now is this. I applied some honey (not raw or maybe it was) 5 days ago and really broke out, acne on the healed facial blisters on the lower portion of my face ONLY. So I stopped the honey application and just use dry soap (ivory) along with peroxide (hey, it has worked fro 20 years) and it is reducing that aspect.
    BUT I have one chickenpox blister re-appearing. And by now I know the blisters like the back of my hand.
    1.) Could this be a 2nd stage after 3 weeks?
    2.)  Could I have gotten this because I had to shave that neck beard after 3 weeks and I shaved over an unhealed pox blister?

It is not happening anywhere else so I am leaning towards it being the shaving.

3.) has anyone gotten laser skin rejuvenation after chicken pox?

I applied vitamin e over one teeny pock mark on my hand and it went way completely in 3 weeks. The others are not tiny at all.

I have taken aciclovir as well for 10 days.

I feel 100% healthy and started doing exercise from week 2 of chickenpox til today in an effort to sweat out the virus and toxins from the skin.

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Howdy ftclick. Sounds like you have some problems.

You do not mention seeing a doctor. Are you trying to deal with this without medical help? I hope not! Chicken pox can be very serious for an adult.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

All I'll add is:

A. It is highly contagious. I hope you are not spreading it here, there, and everywhere.

B. Is it Chicken Pox or Chicken Pox redux?

C. Has presumably worthy info and links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenpox

3. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

I did see a doctor the 1st day I thought I had it. Hence, how I got the prescription for acyclovir.

The doctor, Brazilian, thought it was dengue. I said no way, not with these blisters forming and showed her my stomach and chest, and my forehead. She said it only happens in kids. That's when I knew I was in trouble. I asked for a prescription for acyclovir just in case and got it.

Yes I researched everything online but most of it pertains to kids and teens. Only 10% of cases are adults and it is rare that it happens in tropical climates. Great! so I am the one to get it.

No I am not spreading it as I researched it fully and being that I telecommute. I had someone buy foods for me and stayed in a room, showered 3 times a day as bathtubs are rare there. (another great thing in my favor).

I truly need to get rid of these pock marks. Thanks for posting what you did though.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

I had it when I was a kid. There is a scar in my right side of the right eye, small only.