jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

vacation weight and post vacation eating

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I came back from a week 's visit to family and the beach. While I was there, I eased up on my usual eating habits and ate things I usually don't(over did it)
    Not surprising,I gain a few lbs and now find I am still eating like I'm on vacation...I've been back 5 days!
    How do i break this cycle?

anyone else have this happen?

2. GiblinGirl profile image85
    GiblinGirlposted 4 years ago

You could try keeping a food journal for a week.  Just write down everything you eat along with the calorie counts. I actually did this when I went to go see a dietician for some gastrointestinal issues (I also include fiber, protein, and fat content in my journal) and you definitely get a good idea of what you're ingesting.  Also, it gets kind of annoying to have to write down everything you eat so it may actually deter you from grabbing that extra snack.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

yeah,I know about writing down food and counting calories. i was referring to the vacation mindset of eating 'off limits" food after the vacation. It was fun while it lasted but I'm getting back slowly to my boring healthy food habits..wink

4. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

first time I have heard of vacation weight. It makes sense since you may be traveling far away and they won't have your normal foods that keep you trim.