9/11 Cognitive Dissonance and the Path to Healing

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Trauma affects all who witness it. The trauma of 9/11 affected the world, not only emotionally, but economically and politically. Not only did 3000+ people die on that day, but tens of thousands of others have died as a direct result of actions taken by the American government because of 9/11. In fact, 9/11 continues adversely to affect our future.

Finding out that the pillar of strength and protection -- America -- had a weakness and a vulnerability was traumatic in the extreme. It created a cognitive dissonance that was resolved only by learning a believable answer for why it happened.

But when that "believable answer" is threatened, a new cognitive dissonance assaults our mental well-being. When we learn that 3 buildings collapsed in New York from controlled demolition and not 2 airplane crashes, we become frightened of the implications. Suddenly, the government that was meant to protect us is not just incompetent, but possibly complicit in murdering its own citizens. How do we deal with such a betrayal? How do we handle such an upending revelation?

The following video covers this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGGXae4c3hY

World Trade Center Collapses

The government committed a felony by destroying most of the crime scene evidence before an investigation could be carried out. In fact, truckloads of the debris were shipped out starting on 9/11 itself. And yet, the President blocked independent investigators and refused to start a federal investigation for over 400 days. And when the victims families made this impossible to continue, the President created a commission that even its chairman said was set up to fail. It was funded with far less than the investigation into Clinton's sexual problems. And this, the biggest crime in American history.

Three (3) buildings collapsed in the World Trade Center at near free-fall acceleration on 9/11. Two were hit by airplanes; one wasn't. Simple physics tells us that the potential energy (PE) of an object which falls at gravitational acceleration is entirely used up by that acceleration (kinetic energy or KE). What is alarming about this is that far more work was done than merely falling at near gravitational acceleration.
    * An estimated 780,000 metric tons of concrete was completely and finely pulverized by the collapse. This takes an incredible amount of energy -- something approaching twice the original PE.
    * The bending or breaking of all of the previously undamaged steel beams. This would take more than 10 times the original PE!
    * The ejecting of the clouds of pulverized concrete to cover all of Lower Manhattan. This takes a great deal of energy -- perhaps a significant percentage of the original PE.
    * The heating of the clouds of dust as felt by nearby witnesses. Some thought that they might be burned alive if it got much hotter. This takes an incredible amount of energy.

Add all of these together and you have far more energy consumed than was available from simple gravitational collapse. The only reasonable explanation is that additional energy was used to do most of the work -- explosives and thermitic cutter charges.

Nano-thermites were found in the 9/11 dust by scientists, some with iron microspheres attached. Molten iron is a standard byproduct of thermitic reactions.

The 9/11 dust contained at least several metric tons of iron microspheres. Because of the high melting point of iron, the fires in the buildings from the airplane crashes could not have produced these. Only thermitic cutter charges needed in controlled demolition could have produced this quantity of iron microspheres.

Satellite imaging of the World Trade Center weeks after 9/11 showed hot spots at temperatures above 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. Even in all that time, something was still very, very hot in the basements of the 3 WTC buildings that collapsed. Thermite can continue to burn even when smothered, because it contains its own source of oxygen.

All of these pieces of information, and much more, point to controlled demolition as the cause of collapse for all 3 buildings. All 3 buildings were highly secure. Security was run by a Bush family member, Wirt Walker III. In fact, in the years leading up to 9/11, Marvin Bush, the President's younger brother had been an exec at the same security company. Also, WTC7 had the CIA as one of its tenants. Controlled demolition in 3 buildings of those sizes takes weeks or months to set up, and Al Qaeda would not have had unfettered access to those buildings for the many weeks required.

Thus, 9/11 was an inside job.

For more information on this evidence, refer to the website for Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, where a growing number of scientists, engineers and architects have added their professional reputations and voices to the cause for a new investigation.

How Does this Information Make You Feel?

For 10 years I went along with the Bush conspiracy theory and didn't think much about 9/11, except how much it continues to affect our world and our future.

Then, a year ago, a fellow Hubber asked me to read some information that opened my eyes. I felt sick and angry. How does this information about 9/11 make you feel?

1. profile image0
      Chasukposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Was 9/11 an inside job? The answer to that question is far from resolved.

http://www.debunking911.com/thermite.htm

Personally, I suffered no 9/11 cognitive dissonance. Watergate and the Iran-Contra affair long ago disabused me of any notion that the US was a pillar of strength and protection.

lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Chasuk. Good to know.

The link gives some good information.

Take a look at this video and let me know what you think:
        http://video.pbs.org/video/2270078138

1. profile image0

I've seen it, and it is interesting, but I can conclude nothing from it. Experts have warred over the evidence for  -- a decade? --  and the battle lines have moved very little (in either direction).

I am neither an engineer nor a metallurgist, nor an expert of any (relevant) kind, and this is a battle in which expertise matters. My hunches and my ignorance bring nothing to the table.  Therefore, I remain noncommittal.

2. lone77star profile image71

There was so much evidence of explosions that day, and yet the official story was that there were no explosions. When asked if they checked for evidence of explosions, they said no.

Even years later, they were find small bone fragments of the remains of people from 9/11 on the roofs of nearby buildings. Each bone fragment was less than an inch long. Collapsing buildings do not disintegrate bodies like that.

So many fire fighters heard explosions. So many recordings and videos caught the sounds of multiple explosions.

I dislike sloppy investigation as much as anyone, but as much as I dislike the idea of our government or corporations having anything to do with 9/11, I dislike covering it up or ignoring it even more.

To quote the PBS showing (link above):

=== Quote: ====
        Why revisit 9/11?

Our world changed that day...
        2744 lives lost in New York...and counting
        1 million lives lost in Afghanistan and Iraq...and counting
        6,000 US troops lost in the War on Terror... and counting
        $4.5 Trillion - War on Terror cost to US taxpayers... and counting
        Precious civil liberties removed by the
        * Patriot Act
        * Military Commissions Act
        * Department of Homeland Security
        * Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
        * National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA 2012)

Today, Americans ca be...
        subject to search and seizure without a warrant...
        detained or imprisoned indefinitely...
        ...without charge
        ...without evidence
        ...without a lawyer
        ...without a trial
        ...or even tortured
        ...or assassinated
        ...merely by being accused of being associated with terrorism.

Ignoring the World Trade Center evidence is no longer an option.

=== END: Quote ====

2. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Cognitive Dissidence, lonestar.
    Mass media hypnotic suggestion as 6 billion watched -live- the execution of more than 3,000 people, for no reason. The global view expands and people believe in the greater good of their country. Especially the States, who's power is great and vast. Believing ones government is responsible for such an event shatters the global view and numbness sets in. A numbness that says, "This is the way the world is" or "Without empirical evidence, I cannot conceive such a thing" and such. And of course the "Let's move on, move forward, let it go and hope for better days."

But, having eye-witness accounts by close friends who were with blocks, even feet -had debris fall on them, paints a different story. Especially the EMT, fire-fighters.

Am going Tuesday across the bridge to pay my respects to those people and to be a shoulder to my good friend who is still reeling from the lose of his sibling...

James

Bless you, James. A great many of the family members of victims want a new investigation, especially based upon the empirical evidence presented by Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

I would join you, but I'm about 10,000 miles away. But I'll be there with you in spirit.

9/11 was used as an excuse to trash the Constitution. I think our founding document deserves far better than it's getting from Bush, Obama and Romney.

3. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

One of the videos that turned me onto investigating all of this for myself was an interview of the late Aaron Russo wherein he tells of the Rockefellers knowing of 9/11 eleven months before it happened. In fact, it seems they were looking forward to murdering innocent civilians in order to forward their grandiose plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaOj-rOGZFE

1. profile image0

I admired Aaron Russo as a producer -- Trading Places is one of my favorite films -- but you do know that his "source" in the video you link is Nick Rockefeller, right?

Do yourself  favor and google Nick Rockefeller.

I did months ago. And your point?

1. profile image0

if you googled Nick Rockefeller, then you know that he is extremely unlikely to possess any Rockefeller family insider information.

But my dear Chasuk, I did Google him and I know nothing of the sort.

How do you in your omniscience come to this superior knowledge?

1. profile image0

If I was omniscient -- which I am not claiming -- then my superior knowledge would require no explaining.

Is there some reason for the sudden snark?

Now, back to Nick Rockefeller...

He probably fits somewhere into the Rockefeller lineage, but where? He shows up on the membership rosters of various Rockefeller-created or Rockefeller affiliated organizations,  but he doesn't show up any Rockefeller family trees -- official, or otherwise -- and his is almost indisputably _not_ a descendant of John Davison Rockefeller, Sr. (the founder of the Standard Oil Company). Maybe Rockefeller Sr. had a brother whom Nicholas Rockefeller descended from?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)