jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

stage 4

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago

I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with stage four bone cancer. She and her husband used to love to sit in my backyard around the fire pit but she is so uncomfortable now to sit in our chairs. She misses it dearly and I would like to make it better for her. She has been given 16 months. What kind of outdoor furniture do you think would be best for her? I don't even know where to start looking for quality outdoor comfort. Expense is no option either, I'm willing to spend hundreds on a comfortable chair for her. Any suggestions?

1. Lwelch profile image95
      Lwelchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would ask her what is comfortable for her to sit in.  This may give you some ideas on how to change up the seating at the fire.  You can also cheat your phonebook for home medical equipment stores.  Give one a call and explain your circumstances.  The sales people at those place are often trained to solve problems like yours.

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

What a wonderful friend you are!

I wonder if getting something with cushions, where the cushion interior can be replaced with memory foam cut to shape might help.

A quick search found a breast cancer forum, where people with bone metastases were saying memory foam mattresses helped them to sleep better.

Perhaps others here have some concrete knowledge about this.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
      Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank so much, I'm in unknown waters here and am not very internet friendly.  I seem to have a hard time finding anything through search engines. I just knew I didn't want to buy a $20 plastic P.O.S. from Target for her you know? smile Memory foam, check!