jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Questions I really neeed answers to:

1. profile image60
    DKerposted 4 years ago

Hello, I am a 43 year old female who had a spinal fashion 1 year ago, and was told by my surgeon all looked well and I was doing much better then he thought I would.  The bone is still fusing and growing in my C5 & C6, and I was feeling good.  A week ago I was at a shopping center in the cart bay trying to get 2 carts unlocked for each other, and was in motion when all of the sudden a train of large shopping carts being pushed in by the cart guys struck me in the lower back from behind and pushed me hard into the 2 I was working with.  I have been in major pain since and experiencing leg symptoms, right arm and hand, lower back, mid back, and neck pain.  My back has been having spasms, and by the X-Ray I had the day of, my pain doctor told me it showed mild scoliosis which since 2007 I have had multiple MRI's and X-Rays, but never told this.

Question?   Could the injury and the not yet completely fusion C5 & C6 with titanium plates and screws cause me to now have a curve in my spine?

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image61
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

wow. first of all, I am so sorry you are in constant pain. sad Secondly, I hope you told the store manager about the jerk that wasn't paying attention. I think you may have the scoliosis for quite awhile. The recent incident may have finally led to the revelation of what is going on with your back. As with the surgery. It may be a secondary reason in that the healing process was deterred by the recent injury to your back with the carts. I will keep you in Prayer!   Maybe you should seek a second opinion.  Warm compress and heating pad should help. I have the same problem with my back too.

take care & gentle hugs! smile

2. Backwater Sage profile image61
    Backwater Sageposted 4 years ago

Did you get lost on your way to the Dr. Oz website?

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image61
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why must you be so negative? Why do you feel the need to say something just to say something?

1. Backwater Sage profile image61
        Backwater Sageposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What? Sign up or a website for writers, don't put up a picture or a profile, and start asking anyone who will listen what you should do about an alleged problem? Give me a break. I wasn't saying something just to say something. I was poking fun at the post. It is kind of ridiculous and a little wacko.

Why answer just to answer? You didn't offer anything helpful except, maybe, the second opinion thing. How about getting the video footage from the security camera over the parking lot and filing a lawsuit?

working