jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Who feels to young to be old and to old to be young?

1. moneyfairy profile image62
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

Maybe it is just me starting menopause but I just feel like an inbetweener, to young to be old but to old to be young.
    Any of you ever feel that way?
    Also at the supermarket being called mam instead of miss and being asked if I need help with my groceries to the car....When I ever get to the stage where I can't help myself then just shoot me smile
    Looking forward to hearing your feelings about this subject .

1. MelissaVsWorld profile image87
      MelissaVsWorldposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh I know this feeling all too well.  My husband has a good laugh because about three years ago I went shopping for a weekend BBQ, and purchased some alcohol.  The sign at the counter read: "If you look under 40 you WILL be carded.  Please have your ID ready."  Needless to say, I didn't get carded, but when we went through the same line approximately 20 minutes later, he did. I am nine months his senior, and will be thirty in a little over a week.  I always get called Ma'am, and have been accused of being my five year old son's grandmother (although, I don't think I look that old).

moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Melissa for getting it!! You are an old soul, meaning wiser than your years but you don't even look 30, you are still a youngster where looks are concerned. Thanks for sharing smile

2. Tusitala Tom profile image87
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

I feel too young to be called old even though I'm seventy-six.  I can still do most things that a man a quarter-of-a-century younger than me can do.   I regularly work out at the gym, can push and lift almost as much weight at I could at forty or fifty.   I still have plenty of burning ambitions.   Still feel sexual desire.  Moreover, have probably been more productive since 'retirement' at 59 than I'd been during my earlier years.

But I'm too old to be called young.   (Though people ten years my junior sometime called me "Young Tom."   Even today, I get indignant at that.   And I recall my daughter, now fifty, saying when she was about twenty, "Dad, you've got old skin."

So, in answer to your question, yes and yes.

moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah for you!!! Keep thinking and feeling young!!!