jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Public restrooms.

1. kathleenkat profile image90
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

The more I think about it, the more disturbing it becomes: Public restrooms. You get to awkwardly sit but 3 feet away from someone who is defecating, with nothing but a 1/2" polyurethane wall hovering at about 12" from the floor to separate you. Not only that, but the surfaces of the bathroom are tiled, so every noise is amplified and echoed. Nothing like awkwardly sitting next to an 'ahhing' and 'mmming' person attempting to defecate, all the while hearing their efforts loud and clear. Leave it to humanity to come up with efficient design.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago
  3. Shanna11 profile image92
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

Hah, my thoughts exactly. I either try to find the most abandoned and far flung public restroom (basement of my university library for example) where I'm the only one there, or I find a super busy one.

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

"I remember hearing on the radio years and years ago about a study (it could have been a real study or just some radio employee hanging out in the toilet for an hour, I honestly can't remember) that said that (at least in men's restrooms) the very first stall was actually used the least. I think the rationale was that everyone thought that the first stall was the most used, so they wouldn't use it."

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I don't find pooping and peeing all that disturbing as long as I don't have to watch.

1. kathleenkat profile image90
      kathleenkatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Peeing doesn't disturb me nearly as much as pooping. I get that it's a natural process, I just find it disturbing that I get to be all of 3 feet away from a moaning and groaning woman wearing Prada heels trying to pass a stiff one. I have been in restrooms where you couldn't see what kind of shoes people were wearing, because there were floor-to-celing walls. I don't see thost as much anymore. The cheap plastic walls seem to be beating them out. All to save money and make cleaning more efficient. Now I get to listen to you poop.