When you just feel too much love for others, what do you do with it?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

I do not know of any statistics. I do not know how common it is. But I do know, that I get it. I do some stuff with mine. The first thing I do is find somebody and tell them how wonderful they are to me. I like the internet. It can be immediate and yet lasting.
    Maybe it is not all that common.  Call you mother.

1. AnnaCia profile image78
      AnnaCiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi.  Too much love sounds like co-dependency.  If we are referring to simple love and caring, well you grow more in character, you can get hurt, you might even make the day of the other person.

Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good point on the co-codependency. I was thinking more agape love. Just a wild feeling of joy for others. (one could say mania) but that is not what I refer to here.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
          tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Give, give, give smile Give your time, attention, money, food, helping hand, shoulder to cry on....

So far that seems the right cure, but then it just keeps growing and growing. So I guess you just keep on giving and giving.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You respect the wishes and needs of others by keeping it to yourself and instead manifesting it into positive deeds in which you never seek attention or ask for compensation. Simple.

I think the anonymous part is really a good idea. One caveat: when being public is about promoting an action, rather then promoting a person.  As in "come join us to walk for a cure for       "

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
          A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's fine, too, as long as there are no other strings attached; ie. "in the name of Jesus" or some such nonsense.

That is for another day. But a funny bit of irony.

2. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 11 years ago

Sorry to pee on your parade, but excessive love for random others is a mental condition, a really irritating condition for the targets often.  I don't remeber what it is but I seem to recall it is an excess of lithium or something along those lines, another symptom of the same chemical imbalances that are involved in depression, bipolar, obsessions, etc etc.

What a wonderful and caring interpretation. I think you are right. Happy loving people are often labeled with a mental condition. And it is probably accurate to a degree. Especially when others view it jealously.  But you speak of a label. Not what to do with it. Is it your suggestion that someone with too much love for others, go see a doctor?

1. recommend1 profile image59
        recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

See a doctor? If you can't moderate yourself then yes.   Shakespeare had it nailed with Romeo and Juliet, where the slighlty dim-witted Romeo fell in love with love and focussed it on the first person to walk into its brightness - "What light from yonder window shines, is it the sun?  No it is Juliet" to paraphrase.

Falling in love with love is to fall in love with yourself.

Very interesting. Narcissism is a very real problem.
          But again this question was about love for others, agape love.
          There are even some strange people that believe that Love is the only true commandment for their lives -- that kind of love, does not entail the diseases to which you refer.

1. recommend1 profile image59
            recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah !!  you mean that this love you are talking about is the religious 'love' that slides up to you and hugs you to death - as practiced by those weirdo guys in long dresses walking in front of the colonising armies of south america, bringing god and slavery to the inhabitants, the same guys who slimed their way into African kingdoms, setting up diplomatic relations and then enslaving the people.  The list is endless,  if this is the love you are transparently trying to hint htat you have then it is a total crock of self indulgent crap.

Very good distinction from the Love I speak of in my question. A Love for others. This would be more like Ghandi, Buddha, Dali Lama, food kitchens, shelters, medical aid, disaster relief, drug addiction counseling. The list is endless of things done in love for another. I think it was Bob Marley that proclaimed, "Love is my religion". I can't find anyone who has said "religion is my love" but I will look.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Probably best to go do rather than speak of. Actions speaking louder than words as it were. wink

There is no shortage of self righteous souls on here telling us about the good works they do.

I will have to keep that in mind Mark. I was hoping for a little input on that "to do" list. I suppose we could say "do not be pompous or vain, but this is really a what "not to do".

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh - sorry. I don't know where you are in the World, but I feel certain you won't need to go far to find some one in need. In my own experience, the local Bus or Train station is a good place to start. The bigger the better. There will almost certainly be people needing feeding or pointing in a safe direction close to one of these.

3. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

Thanks a bundle Mark. You are very right. You remind me that, that is what my mom did. Scared us kids. She would just go alone at night to the train station, and sometimes she would even bring some cold traveler home.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)