Obsessive Compulsive

1. 0
    freedomspiritposted 3 years ago

I'm not diagnosed with OCD but I was thinking...
    That I or anyone could learn to be a little less ocd in behavior (obsessive behavior that was probably a coping skill due to extreme childhood stress)

I have for years wanted to control my environment such as being a neat freak
    It's getting better though

I think I can "untrain" my mind to
    not-overanalyze everything
    And I have the habit of noticing details of everything which is good, but not good when
    you need to stay in the present moment with the person you are with and talking to.

I try not to look people up and down like I used to- this is also attention to detail but  not good manners!
    and I try to pay attention when people are talking as well as
    enjoy their company and not obsessively concentrate on whether the desk we're sitting at is organized....

2. 60
    txbk40posted 3 years ago

My dear husband is OCD. I feel he has this due to childhood stress and I think his Father also had it. He is better and has to work hard to get past his impulsiveness. Everything is on a 'schedule'. His schedule. LOL  The main thing is he knows he has it and works very hard to get past it. Sometimes he needs to take anti-anxiety medicine.   He is definately a type A personality.  I tease him about it a lot and that eases his tension.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image86
    BlissfulWriterposted 3 years ago

I wrote about how nutritional deficiencies may be a contributing factor in OCD....
    http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … e-Disorder

In particular, getting enough B vitamins and omega 3 are important.