jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

'Stalking Cat' Daniel Avner found dead

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

'Stalking Cat' Daniel Avner found dead in apparent suicide after years of body modification to look like a feline

John Hall Author Biography

A man who spent years modifying his face and body to look like a cat has died in an apparent suicide.

Daniel Avner, who was better known as Stalking Cat, was found dead in his Nevada home last week.
    People who modify themselves to the extreme must have some type of mental problem. I don't know who his plastic surgeon was,but he should be in jail!

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

He didn't need a plastic surgeon, all that work is legal for a tattoo/mod artist to do.

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago
  4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Couple a mental quirk or instability with a close relationship/advice from a known or revered authority on supernatural/spiritual concepts and death is often the result.

Remember Jim Jones?  Or David Koresch?  Charles Manson?

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Stacie, in our society anyone who kills themselves is said to have mental health issues due to the mainstream attitudes towards death and the unpleasant fact that someone else has to clean up the mess.  There have been several cultures which had different attitudes towards death and proscribed rituals surrounding the act and as such it was viewed as a choice an individual made for themselves.

Just because you personally don't find someone's body modifications to be in line with your own aesthetic sense does not make them wrong.  I believe that people own their bodies and to be told otherwise is what happens to strike me as an extreme offense.

I offer my condolences to the family and friends of Stalking Cat.  I'm sorry they will have to endure insults and virtual harassment from total strangers who feel it necessary to belittle their loved one on the occasion of his passing.  I hope that those who chose to do so never find themselves in the same situation.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+ 100

One of the best statements you have made during my watch Relache... Well Said!  smile