jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Lipitor Recall ATTENTION HUBBERS

1. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

Atvorvastin Calcium (generic for Lipitor) has been recalled due to small particles of glass  in the medication.  The manufacturer is Ranbaxy Labs, Inc. which is the largest drug manufacturer in India.  Since 2006, the FDA has been scrutinizing this lab due to it's manufacturing problems.  Many insurance companies are switching to this particular laboratory due to the fact that the medications are purchased cheaper than those which are made in the USA.

Please check your Rx!!

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope, no Lipitor or generic for same.  I was on it for a short time some years ago but nothing since.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same here... It was prescribed to me several years ago when I 'became' diabetic (I became diabetic within 3 days of being prescribed Prednisone) but I told my doctor after reading the 'fine print' about Lipitor that she had already forever changed my life with one prescription she wasn't going to end it with another.  I'm on all natural sources now to manage my cholesterol.

1. profile image0
          Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My brother also became diabetic after taking this drug.

I should have sued but I didn't.  The doctor prescribed me the Prednisone without even looking at my blood work.  When I went back to see her about symptoms that I thought were a reaction to the drug.. she then looked at my blood work right in front of me and said "oh no."  Not words you want to hear from your doctor.  She immediately put me on insulin injections which turned my life upside down... After a year of maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, I was taken off the insulin injections and put on the pill form. (Something the doctor told me would never happen since my sugar levels were so high)  With the right diet, exercise, and natural supplements, I have gone completely off medications and my sugar level very rarely exceed normal ranges... Going on 2 years now.  This all started back in 2007.

I don't write about it or advocate any special diet, exercise program, or supplements because I do not want to encourage others to do what I did.  What works for me may not work for others.  My metabolism is unique to me.  I had to do it, $100 a week on medications was unthinkable.  I get my blood work every 6 months and a physical once a year.  I'm 44 tomorrow, so by my count I'm about half way 'there.'

1. profile image0

Happy Birthday Richard!!!  My brother has changed his diet completely and is squirrley on his meds as they are so expensive which tends to make him sick sometimes.  He's a hard headed Marine!  His diet change has helped tremendously!  You are right it doesn't work for everyone

2. profile image69
              Robertr04posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Richard. Really glad to hear of your recovery. Being a practicioner for the past 15+ yrs., I do advocate exercise, diet change, and natural dietary supplements. Not the same program for everyone, but one tailored to the individual. We have seen a lot of reversals from those who were patient and diligent, from many ailments.

Thanks... I'm lucky that I had a medical background from my military days and the discipline to keep up with such an aggressive change in lifestyle.  My immediate reaction to the news was of course denial, but within a couple of months and endless research into type 2 diabetes, I was able to pull myself out of depression and onto the right course.  I continue to stay on this course even though my levels are within normal range.  I do not think I am cured... I've only recovered... and diligence is what will keep me healthy.

2. profile image0

My pleasure.

working