jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Who hates going to the dentist?

1. moneyfairy profile image63
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

Just wondering who else hates going to the dentist? I haven't had to go for 2 yrs. now and I just need a filling and they have my records already, just wondering why I have to pay to get x-rays all over again before they can fill my tooth??? My mouth hasn't changed much to my knowledge. Just another way to charge more fees.... How has your experience been with the dentist?

2. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago

Got a problem with those x-rays all the time, too. A little research will tell you it's not something one would want done unless absolutely necessary. And not just to fill a tooth but practically every thing else no matter how minor and how recently you've had the rads. Pain isn't a worry these days but the bill! Those deductibles and payment caps on procedures suck!

moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Alastar my problem is I have no insurance and they want the money up front, that's why I have waited so long. The old dentist used to let me pay in payments but the young guy who took over his practice wants all the money NOW! It sucks being poor. But that's life i just want my dang tooth filled not the taj mahal smile

1. Alastar Packer profile image82
        Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Feel you moneyfairy. Yesteryear's dentist would often work with you but now I haven't heard of one that will. No insurance - Pay up now or no treatment! Sorry to hear of your sensitivity and situation, really. Don't get even nearly full chewing function 'cause I don't won't the partials and the tooth replacement isn't covered and by gosh ain't ponying up the outrageous money they want, at least not for now- sigh. Good luck with the tooth fill moneyfairy - do hope St Nick is good to you this year.smile

Thank you Alastar! I hope so too....Good luck to you too with all your teeth problems.

3. Thelma Alberts profile image83
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

I hate going to the dentist. If I have to, I should go for the sake of getting off the pain. I just have to think something else, like having a nice holiday on the beach when I sit on that horrible dentist chair. It works for me.

I wish it was as easy as thinking of a nice island holiday. Thanks for the thought though. I had yrs. of orthodontics when I was in high school so my teeth are highly sensitve. So I have been using sensodine toothpast and that helps some. But I always hate going to the dentist and grip the seat till I'm done... but I know it has to be done from time to time. Thanks for sharing.

4. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

I'm okay until I hear that drilling noise.

Maybe with technology they could invent a drill that plays music - so we hear music instead of the drill. smile

That would be great or a mute button smile

working