Yoga- the Plow Pose.

1. Joseph041167 profile image61
    Joseph041167posted 3 years ago

Most of my life I had this pose. I found out later that it also exists in Yoga. I do not necessarally do it pure, like in the picture. I think it was called the Plow Pose, where you do a backward summersault slowly on the floor until your toes touch ideally. A lot of times I slightly bend my legs and touch my knees to my head also, and move it around, experiment. Last night, I was having arthritus type pains somewhere near my shoulders, neck, and upper back. Ideally I would not want to give up this pose entirely, unless it is best. Does anyone have advice or caution on the subject? I normally do this pose after a set of 50 to 100 windmills, as it stretches out that area real good, and other stretches are also included. I cannot wait to hear from someone in the know. Peace out and good nite, Merry Christmas and Happy Yule, yaw'll.

1. vicahollywood profile image60
      vicahollywoodposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To my knowledge, the pain in the areas in the plow pose is most frequently caused by pressure on the neck bones (vertebra). During this pose your weight  should be on your shoulders, and you can avoid pressure on neck bones by ensuring that your both shoulders are on the ground. Having palms of your hands on the floor or holding your toes may help with "grounding" your shoulders. To assist further, try closing your eyes, exhaling completely, and imagining yourself doing the pose perfectly. If this does not immediately help, try padding the floor under your neck.

1. Joseph041167 profile image61
        Joseph041167posted 3 years ago in reply to this

thank you, this is so cool. i was reaching for this. I saw some videos and pictures and was gathering, assuming, maybe, and this helps out much to nail it down quicker, so next time I go to my favorite gym, I know what to do and how to, i was basically killing my neck totally man. We wrongly think it is about touching your toes to the floor and that is not the main issue or lesson, it is not about that, everything in life is about feeling, method, form. thanks, you have a good nite.