Israel bans underweight models

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Models now must have a body mass index of 18.5 to walk the runway in Israel.
    By Kim Anne

According to the Wall Street Journal, Israel's new law will ban models with a body-mass index of less than 18.5 from appearing in advertisements. That law will also require magazines and other publications to disclose when they use altered images of the models. The new law means that a female model who is 5 feet, 8 inches tall can weigh no less than 119 pounds. … mp;_nwpt=1
    This seems to be a step in the right direction. I hope it catches on with other countries. Girls are getting the wrong message and having serious body image issues at younger ages.

1. peeples profile image87
      peeplesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree!!!! I am still trying to figure out how bones become models anyway? Is there really that much attraction to women with no boobs, no butt, no shape, and bones showing every where?
      I would hope not. 119 at 5' 8" is still underweight in my opinion but hey I guess it's better than the 95lb tall women.

2. Renee Abbott profile image85
    Renee Abbottposted 3 years ago

That is wonderful news. Being that skinny is not a healthy mind-set to young girls, and never has been.