jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

How to lower your blood sugar naturally?

1. TropiCoaqua profile image90
    TropiCoaquaposted 3 years ago

Just got my Fasting and Post Lunch Blood Sugar readings - 187 mg/dl against a reference range of 76-110 mg/dl for Fasting and 275 mg/dl against a reference range of upto 140 mg/dl!
    Now,I have been struggling with getting this under control for sometime now and I think I just peaked here. Need to get it down and I need some help here.
    Anybody out there who has gone through a similar experience and has managed to get their Diabetes under control without too much dependency on medicines?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image85
      BlissfulWriterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Eat lots of bitter melon, the vegetable.  Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon to meals.  Take a multivitamin that has some chromium.  Spirulina and the herb gymnema sylvestre may help too.   I wrote about these natural ways to reduce blood sugar in my article here <link removed>.

TropiCoaquaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Super thanks.Will read your article right away. I am taking multivitamins daily,though I guess I need to get other things going as well...daily exercise and yoga being foremost on that list.

2. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I cured my diabetes without meds. I eat a very low carb diet. I also exercise and have lost weight. I wrote a hub about it! My blood glucose and A1C have been normal for months now.

3. earnwati profile image60
      earnwatiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

nice info ^^

2. artist101 profile image83
    artist101posted 3 years ago

I suffer from hypoglycemia, the opposite of diabetes. Dropped out so much that, I couldnt concentrate, had the shakes and sweats something terrible. The room would actually spin, it was terrible. I focused on my diet, I included fats, and protein at every meal. Kept nuts in a bowl and ate them often.
    Dr. Oz, and Dr. Becker recommend alpha lopoic acid for the diabetetic. It has been found to lower glucose levels in clinical trials, as well as chromium picolinate, to help balance glucose levels, in the diabetic, and hypoglycemic patient. I tried the chromium, it didn't help me, but for some people it does. Other supplements that have been recommended are curcumin, for the pre diabetic. Cut back on sugar, and carbs, increase whole foods, as close to their natural state as possible. Carbs turn into sugar, as they are broken down, only to cause an insulin spike, and add to the problem. Cinnamon sprinkled on food, or taken in supplement form, has also seen good results for the diabetic patient, as it helps to balance blood sugar, wether high or low. I sprinkle it on oatmeal, or mix it in applesauce. I've never taken it in supplement form, but honestly, it does help. Other supplements include D3, it helps to stabalize the immune system, which is what diabetes is, an auto immune reaction. Most, if not all of us are lacking in D3, as we have become more prone to be inside, and we all lack enough sunshine. Many auto immune patients have been found to be lacking in this nutrient. See my article on diabetes, for doseage amounts. I hope this helps.

You are right. The D3 levels are just about there,but I have had a scare last year when they were really low and the doctor had me on injections to normalize the level. My latest reading on Total Vitamin D is 27.46 against a reference range of 30-100 ng/ml. One of the effects of low D3 levels is reported to be depression...and that's one thing I can do without! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I will be sharing my progress as I put things in to practice.

3. artist101 profile image83
    artist101posted 3 years ago

I really hope it all works out for you. The D3 really does help, it just takes time like everything else, and trial and error. I wish you well.

4. TropiCoaqua profile image90
    TropiCoaquaposted 3 years ago

Thank you!

5. HoneyAllen profile image59
    HoneyAllenposted 3 years ago

Getting rid if the excessive carbs from your blood can only be gained through brisk work out sessions in the start of the day. You got to do some physical activity to get rid of those extra glucose in your blood. The symptoms may make one very lethargic in ones routine but it needs to be tackled well. Monitor your intake of food items. Try taking more of nutritious veggies in your diet. Go for herbal medicinal plants for further lowering of the sugar levels. But at the end of the day, you got to work out without any excuse for shedding the sugar level.

I agree...there's no shortcut here.

6. lyndre profile image80
    lyndreposted 3 years ago

I have just had the week from hell. My son was rushed to hospital suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis.
    He was very seriously ill and I was told another 12 hours without treatment could have been fatal.
    So I think I will advice him to follow medical advice and take insulin injections as per doctors instruction and never mind this natural remedies crap

Hope he is much better now. Regards