jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Do you do Regular Medical check up-Are they important

1. mariasial profile image72
    mariasialposted 4 years ago

Do you do regular medical check up. If yes then do you do check ups after a quarter, half yearly  or Yearly . Do you you think its important for personal well being or just waste of money and if you don't do regular check-up then why  ... do you like to share?

<link snipped>

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow... Yes of course.... regular checkups are important....

Especially if one's link has been snipped... like yours appears to have been!  smile

mariasialposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hahaha Good sense of  humor   smile

2. sleepylog profile image87
    sleepylogposted 4 years ago

I have a yearly check up that includes full blood tests and a blood pressure check. I think the older you get the more important they become.

I would say from the age of 30 onwards everyone should have at least a yearly check-up and every woman who has ever been sexually active should have a PAP test every two years.

Every woman should do monthly self breast examinations and every woman over 40 years of age should have mammogram screening every 1 to 2 years.

Men should have an annual prostate cancer check from the age of 40 if there is a family history of prostate cancer, and from the age of 50 if there is no family history.

Anyone who has multiple sexual partners should have yearly check-ups for sexually transmitted diseases even if they practice safe sex.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Definitely, perhaps far fewer people would have strokes if they had their blood pressure checked each time they visit a doctor.   Ultimately this would cost the National Health system far less money than it currently costs to treat those who have strokes because this does not happen.    It seems so basic so why is it not done!

1. kingkos profile image60
        kingkosposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My mother always check his blood pressure regularly and if u ask if regular check up is important? for me its Yes.My mother wants to be sure she is healthy.But for me maybe if im not healthy i go to check up.
        or not yearly

Thank you  Sallybea and sleepylog  for your contributions.

2. mariasial profile image72

Things need to be like this actually  kingko,  at the younger age of less than 30 years you can skip some yearly examinations however as you grows older you need to be careful as your mother use to be  smile

working