Has anyone been prescribed Qsymia for weight loss?

1. efeyas profile image91
    efeyasposted 3 years ago

I was prescribed a brand new weight loss drug known as Qsymia (some might have seen it on Dr. Oz) for reasons related to an underactive thyroid or Hypothyroidism. Has anyone ever taken this drug? If so, did you have any side affects? Did it work for you? I noticed it has an high number of side affects. I'm on this fence with starting this! Any thoughts or personal experience is welcomed!

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm usually skeptical about supposed weight loss drugs. They always come with hideous side effects that are hardly worth the marginal weight loss it may or may not even be causing. I would definitely try sticking to dieting or exercise, just to make absolutely certain that natural weight loss is no longer an option.

1. efeyas profile image91
        efeyasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Zelkiiro, I agree. I have been non stop dieting and excercising. I do know how to lose weight but with hypothyroidism my metabolism has become pretty much non existent. It has become quite frustrating honestly. My doctor actually prescribed this for me but I'm hesitant to take it because of all the side affects. Just creeps me out sad