jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Death by Flu Shot. Is your child next?

1. sannyasinman profile image85
    sannyasinmanposted 3 years ago

7 Year-Old Receives Flu Vaccine; Dies 4 Days Later

http://vaxtruth.org/2012/01/flu-vaccine … -yourself/

Quote from article: “You cannot be in the presence of a profoundly vaccine damaged child and not know that child could be your own.  And you cannot try to comfort a mother who has just buried a baby who has died from a vaccine … and not know that you could be the one standing over the grave.  When it happens to your child, the risks are 100 percent."

1. RogerSanchezJr profile image70
      RogerSanchezJrposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's very scary. I don't know what I would do if that happened to my child.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

59 children have died of the flue this season.  If you don't vaccinate, will yours be next?

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

The cause of death FWIW was myocarditis.

4. jenniferrpovey profile image92
    jenniferrpoveyposted 3 years ago

This is over twelve months old. I did some brief digging.

The girl died of a virus that got into her heart. It's highly unlikely it was the inactivated virus in the flu shot. Now, the flu *can* get into the heart and cause that....in patients that already have something wrong with them.

Looking at the description of what happened, it was far more likely the coxsackievirus (the same virus that causes hand, foot and moth disease) which can, very rarely, get into and affect the heart.

Coxsackievirus is very contagious.

A *far* more likely scenario than the flu shot killing this girl is that she caught coxsackievirus or some other virus...from another patient in the doctor's office. And then got very, very unlucky.

Now, that aside, if you routinely get bad side effects from the flu vaccine - it can make some people sick - I can understand skipping it.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

More fear mongering...