jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

The benefits of herbal teas

1. 0
    Aleister888posted 3 years ago

Interesting, yeah i have slowly been starting to drink herbal tea more as apposed to coffee, im finding i appreciate the way it tastes a lot more these days.

2. blican468 profile image59
    blican468posted 3 years ago

even using maca root and cremer is a good one (:

3. Santiniketan profile image62
    Santiniketanposted 3 years ago

Green tea is  herbal tea and its good for health, its helps  to reduce weight.

1. 61
      bestorganicteaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

me too, i love green tea, especially  the organo gold brand of green tea. It does help me with my weight and my health as well. I have heard quit a lot of people give testimonies about it and i can also say it has helped me  a great deal.

4. bell-lifestyle profile image59
    bell-lifestyleposted 3 years ago

As a naturopathic doctor, I like to optimize the ways that we can prevent illness, including cancer.  One simple way to optimize preventing cancer is in fact to drink more natural herbal teas.  Teas have been consumed from different plants for thousands of years for multiple benefits.

Some types of tea that I recommend for cancer prevention is from culinary herbs and spices.  These include sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, peppermint, and other culinary plants.  A 2011 study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture tested different herb extracts on human colon cancer cells.  They found that the plant extracts from sage, rosemary, thyme, peppermint and spearmint all inhibited the growth of colon cancer cells.  The strongest effect was from sage, and the combination of sage with peppermint also showed synergistic benefits.

5. josephbarrett profile image60
    josephbarrettposted 3 years ago

Herbal teas are all the rage for the many medicinal qualities they are supposed to possess. It's claimed they can help with everything from easing a cold and indigestion to fighting infection and nausea.
    Green tea leaves strengthen tissue cells found all over the body, and so protects the body from ageing. This is because green tea is high in antioxidants - compounds produced in the body that protect the cells from damage such as pollutants.

6. lauragee profile image82
    laurageeposted 3 years ago

I really like rooibos tea (sometimes called red tea, but not the same as oolong), which has even more antioxidants than green tea and a sweet, slightly floral flavor. My favorite is rooibos chai with some kind of creamer and honey. Mmmm.

7. 61
    bestorganicteaposted 3 years ago

i love herbal tea, especially the organo gold brand of green tea. it has helped me a great deal with my health and my weight. I have also heard a lot of people talk about how it has helped them with their health conditions.

1. blican468 profile image59
      blican468posted 3 years ago in reply to this