jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How will PPACA benefit you?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

Questions:

Do you secretly hope this will lower your Health Insurance costs?

Will it benefit the doctors and/or hospitals who end up working for free since they take anyone in an emergency.

Will it benefit those who cannot afford health insurance?

Will it benefit those who do not have insurance and can't get it because of pre-existing conditions?

1. profile image61
      squeeknomoreposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No.
      Instead, It will cause me to be more negative, and more willing to dissolve my efforts for success and allow me to be more disillusioned.
      It will actually destroy competition and thus, most likely force me into a higher cost medical plan.

Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Obama Care is supposed to help us. Do you see it helping the people of the middle class or the poor?

2. profile image61
    squeeknomoreposted 4 years ago

It's possible they will be shutting down private health insurance companies as they will all eventually be absorbed into the Obama Care program. There are 2,000 more pages that must be deciphered. We have no idea what the economic impact will be.

The real question is...Is it legal to pass a bill before the details have been studied and known? The PPACA passed by only one vote. (It was senator Al Franken's vote... who came to office after a voter recount with 1,100 illegal felons voting for him. He would have lost without those illegal votes.)
    Now, it's the law of the land without us knowing whether we agree with it or not!

Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We voted for the president and we agreed to this health care bill which passed in Congress during his presidency.

1. profile image61
        squeeknomoreposted 4 years ago in reply to this

However it was congress that passed the bill. Not the president. So since these congress members (of the senate and house) voted for it without even knowing its full contents, perhaps we should vote out the ones who voted for it (Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Al Franken, John Kerry, Barbara Boxer, Dick Durbin, etc.) at the first possible chance and vote for true representatives who will actually stand their ground and read the entire bill and determine its true implications before signing off on it.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

According to Marco Rubio, PPACA might cause the middle class to loose the health care they were happy with.  Also companies with more than 50 employees are responsible for their health care. So, they will not hire more employees and will let some go, if they are full time employees. I got this info from Rubio's speech. Read it here:
    http:// www.lifenews.com/2013/02/13/rubi...precious
    No wonder they are focussing on his drink of water!

working