What is the most pain you've endured and how did you cope with it?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

I thought the cramps that I had when I ate cheese (I'm lactose intolerant) were the most pain I've ever experienced since I had to go to the hospital for that.

Then, I experienced a kidney stone. The most pain I've ever felt in my life. 10 out of 10 on the pain scale. Had it not my quick thinking and going to the emergency room, I'd be on pain longer. They gave me morphine to ease the pain. That & Flomax to pass the stone. I drank a lot of water & had the support of my family.

What was the most pain you've had to endure?

1. torrilynn profile image83
      torrilynnposted 3 years ago in reply to this

i think the most pain i had to endure while living with Lupus was back in march of 2011. i had to take two months off from work. i severly pulled a muscle on my left shoulder, i had horrible back pain, i had a uti, and i had a slight case of bronchitis, i could barely breath or walk. they thought that i had a blood clot but luckily for me, i did not have a blood clot. i dont think i was ready for surgery at that point of time. hopes this answers your question. best of wishes.

2. kaiyan717 profile image82
    kaiyan717posted 3 years ago

When I first got diagnosed with psuedo tumor cerebri and had 80 pounds of pressure on my head, I seriously told the doctors to just drill a hole in my head.  To compare the pain, I was in labor and all I could feel was my head.  To deal, you just focus on the positive because I was pregnant and then had a new born so pain meds was not an option.  You just got to go to that happy place and grin and bear it.  I have never had a kidney stone, although I hear that is a very painful ordeal, so i am glad you are passed it.