jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

In Love with the mentally ill...Is it alright?

1. benashiraz profile image78
    benashirazposted 3 years ago

I wanted to ask what you think about the people with personality disorders and constant mood changes. I agree its hard to be in love with them. What do you say about this? Please share your experiences.

1. 0
      Confucius Vijayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No !! it is not good to attached with heart as the person attached with heart mostly get upsate with little sadness made by the partner. so i would recommend to not use the heart with any attachment.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Read the book* Women Who Love Too Much* by Robin Norwood

3. Anwari Saeed profile image61
      Anwari Saeedposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Bipolar Disorder (also known as Manic-Depression, or sometimes Bipolar Affective Disorder), is a category of serious mood disorder that causes people to swing between extreme, severe and typically sustained mood states which deeply affect their energy levels, attitudes, behavior and general ability to function. Bipolar mood swings can damage relationships, impair job or school performance, and even result in suicide. Family and friends as well as affected people often become frustrated and upset over the severity of bipolar mood swings. In such occasions a person can do something really un-recoverable its good to have only hello and Hi relationship with such people...

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

It certainly adds to the challenge.
    But as mental illness comes "out of the closet" and becoming less of a stigma, I think
    we will find/are finding it's pretty common.
    If your loved one is garden variety depressive or bipolar, those are relatively manageable.
    But some of the personality disorders -- borderline personality, sociopathic, narcissistic personality disorder, for example -- are truly "love at your own risk" as they can not love you back and cannot be treated.
    Problem always is, you're usually in and hooked before you figure out Mr. Charming is not really a prince.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is certainly true for many loved ones. The disorder isn't always that obvious at first . hmm

3. janesix profile image71
    janesixposted 2 years ago

I say you can't really choose who you fall in love with. Everyone needs love, even crazy people.