Let us all try something new and stop being snarkey

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (80 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 11 years ago

Being that most here are adults and are professionals in one way or another can't we all get along for just one day?  Let's try it  I'll start and say something nice and positive so we can all have at least one happy thread.    So, if you can't say something nice, please don't post.  Let's see how many people we can get to post positive.

I am happy today because I have a roof over my head, I can hear the birds singing in the trees and I have friends here on HP that do truely care about others feelings and have lifted me up during some of my darkest moments.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sarra, I think you are a lovely person. I truly do, and I hope many amazing and beautiful things come your way! smile

1. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  That's the nicest thing I've heard in a long time.  May many wonderful things come your way as well.

2. R Creighton G profile image60
      R Creighton Gposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pfff!  As if.

That's a joke.  big_smile  Good thread.  Seems the innerwebz inspires the very worst in some people.  It's why I don't read YouTube comments if I can at all help it.

Passionate debate is fine, so long as it doesn't devolve into name-calling and personal attacks.

1. profile image0

lol.  I didn't think anyone would post here.  Let's keep it going - wow something nice for a change.

3. Hyphenbird profile image81
      Hyphenbirdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a great idea Sarra. Today is a great day because I am healthy, have my little boy, the birds are singing and the sun is shining. My book is taking off, a librarian called today to schedule an event. The second book is in the illustration process. To top it all off, Jesus is on the Throne and is my King! WhooHoo
      PS- Motown, I am so happy for all of you.

1. profile image0

Hyphenbird I'm so excited and happy for you!!!!  Congrats on your book.  (You'll have to send me a signed copy)  Give your boy a big hug from me, he's so lucky to have you in his life.  Praise God!

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Hyph, congratulations on the books!  That is wonderful news!

And we are so happy to have her here with us.  God has blessed us with her presence in so many ways.  Now, I pray that I'll be a strong, loving, and courageous maternal figure in her life so as to continue to develop the strong, loving, and courageous woman that she is becoming. 

big_smile

4. damian0000 profile image60
      damian0000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sarra... what a wonderful thread :-)

I read your opening post and I said to myself "erm, I wonder how long before this gets de-railed, probably 2 hours at most."
      But you have kept it going for a week, good on you...!
      Great to hear all the positivity and good things that people appreciate! :-)

Btw --- I hope your dancing went well and you didn't hurt your knees..

1. profile image0

Hi Damian!  It's nice to see that you joined the 'no snarkey' forum smile.  Chime right on in brother and let me know what has made you happy today.  It's always nice to share the happy moments as it keeps the smiles going longer.

No dancing on Sunday, I had been in the hospital since Friday and got out Sun afternoon.  Bummer as I wanted to go and see the pretty polka dresses and maybe dance.  There will always be a next time.  I love to dance and can do just about anything but a line dance (ha ha ha)  My dad and I won a jitter bug contest one time, that was a lot of fun.

My happy thought of the day:  It's raining here in Nebraska which is much needed due to the drought.  Snow coming again after the rain.   Yeah, more  moisture.  My friends on HP are doing well and enjoying this happy forum and sharing their happy thoughts and feelings.  Hurray to you all!!!!

2. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

The sun shone today - and we didnt need coats or boots- something to be definately happy about

1. R Creighton G profile image60
      R Creighton Gposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's raining here, but that won't stop me from a walk to the library.  Nothing boosts the spirit like a walk. 

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7890570_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Nothing like a walk in the rain!  The rain always makes the air smell better.

2. profile image0

Ahh Sunshine warming the skin and giving us natural vitamins.  Shadows forming from the trees dancing in the sunlight.

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

So, I have to go to work now... this is not a good thing... or a happy thing, as a matter of fact I dread it. However, in 7 hours or so, I will be back here, after a bit of laundry etc.... in my happy place, chatting with all of you lovely souls. Looking forward to it!!!

4. jenb0128 profile image90
    jenb0128posted 11 years ago

I don't have the energy today to get involved in the "debating" threads. So, here's my happy thing of the day:

My "old" cat has finally accepted the new cat into the household. It took about a week (which actually isn't too bad).

1. agilitymach profile image93
      agilitymachposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, jen, on your cats. smile

My happy statement:  I'm living the dream.  I get to do my dream job every day and spend time with my dogs and with my friends teaching a sport and training dogs.  I get to write about it too.  And I even get paid for it!! 

I can't complain when I'm living the dream.

As for the debate threads - I don't even open them. smile  I'm way too busy training, competing, writing and living life to read drivel.  (Opps.  I think that might be negative!)

1. jenb0128 profile image90
        jenb0128posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I was a little worried about the cats at first, because the older girl freaked out when I brought the boy home last week. However, they ganged up on me at breakfast time this morning, and I caught them touching noses and sniffing each other's butts. I never thought I'd be so excited to see cats doing the butt-sniffing thing!

Training dogs sounds fun!

1. agilitymach profile image93

LOL!!  It's pretty bad when you get excited about cat butt-sniffing. smile  Introducing a new cat can be very stressful and difficult.  I'm glad it worked out for you. 

Yes, training dogs is fun!!!

2. profile image0

ha ha ha Jen, it's the little things in life that make us smile.  smile

1. profile image0

Let's all feel the love

1. moneyfairy profile image60
              moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes Please!!!! Thanks for sending the love out there Sarra, right back at you!!! Big hugs!!((((()))))!!

2. profile image0

Not everyone can live their dream.  You go gurl!

2. profile image0

Awsome!  See this isn't a debating thread, it's a happy thread.  You can't debate about being happy or finding something nice.  smile I'm glad you stopped by!

5. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 11 years ago

I don't think I could be snarkey if I tried (well, perhaps if pressed a wee bit). I don't know why people get so hot and bothered about nothing. Especially when it doesn't affect their lives in any way whatsoever. They should read my hub about why things bother them.

In the meantime, here's a sign of spring, around here.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7892494_f248.jpg
    It's still struggling to warm up, but it won't be long now.

Cheers to all my fellow Hubbers. smile

1. profile image0

Cheers to you timerous!  Looks like spring is in the air in your neck of the woods.  Still cold and snowy here in Nebraska.  But that's ok, it will warm up soon.

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Only really positive comments so far
    Where are the snarks? Pointedly staying away, I see (tee hee).
    Come on you vampires, get out here in the sunshine. It feels great!!
    lol

1. profile image0

Whoo Hoo no snarks allowed here.  Just happy hubbers who are coming out and playing in the sunshine.

7. Silva Hayes profile image77
    Silva Hayesposted 11 years ago

I'm a happy Hubber today.  The sun is shining but the extreme Texas summer heat hasn't hammered us yet!  We had some rain recently so all our flowers are blooming, the hummingbirds are visiting, a tiny bird built her nest right outside our back door, and two large jackrabbits graze in the front yard at dusk.  Life is good.

1. profile image0

Hi Silvia - life is good.  I love it when the birds start to nest and the rabbits graze in the yard.  I could watch them for hours.  Nature is coming alive, it's Spring, it's Spring.

8. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

Thank you Sarra for starting a keeping a happy thread Yahooie!!!
    Well spring in the Rockies constitutes a snowy day today but give it a moment and the sun will come out and melt it all away LOL smile Glad you're inviting only happy hubbers it feels nice here. Thanks!!!

1. profile image0

Hi Moneyfairy - no snarkeys allowed on this forum.  Spread the love, spread the wealth of one thing that you are happy about or see outside that makes you smile.  Whoo hoo.  If we all smile our blood pressure goes down decreasing our stress and besides it's more fun to smile than it is to frown.  Too much frowning going on all over the world. 

If you have happy news share it and we all can be happy together.

1. profile image0

Even though it happened twelve days ago, I'm going to share the best thing to happen to me and my husband in quite some time.  In October, we took in a neighbor's teenage daughter due to major trouble in their household.  On April 3, we became her full legal guardians.  Next best thing to adopting her and giving her our name.  She is soon to be 15, and she's an absolute gem.  While she learned many good things from her mother, I think it happened by accident.  The rest of her beauty came from within, and she's done a helluva job raising herself so far. 

So, we gave birth to a bouncing baby girl on April 3...I'm willing to bet that at 14 years old and 5'6" that she's the largest 'baby' ever born!

big_smile

1. profile image0

Oh Motown that is Wonderful!!!! Congratulations on your 'bouncing' baby girl big_smile   You did a wonderful thing in taking in this very lucky girl!  You will see her blossom and bloom.  When I adopted a 6 y/o boy from the streets of AZ that was the most rewarding experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if my health would allow it.  You rock girl!!!!  Thank you for helping a child.

1. profile image0

Oh, Sarra, thank you so much!  To be honest, if I had the room, I'd take them all!  God will provide the money and the food and what not, but space is harder to come by...lol

How are YOU, btw?

1. profile image0

I hear ya Motown, I'd take them all too!!!  I'm in a nice safe apartment with my dogs but my health is not doing well.  I had to move from the ranch house I was living in as I ended up with allergic asthma from the old turkey barn insulation that was used in the house not to mention the other unhealthy things that were in the walls.  The landlord went to jail, his pigs were confiscated and he is no longer allowed in the county as his properties were siezed.  Oh well, sucks to be him.  It's a long story to include police protection but I'm fine now.  In fact the little town I'm in is 500 people on 200 acres, all of Czech decent and I think I have a part time job cooking.  I'll find out Friday about the job.  Things are lookin up my friend, I'm happy.

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now that is the best news I've had all week.  Here's to hoping that the upward spiral continues, Sarra!

1. profile image0

Whoo hoo for me.  I might even check out the polka dance this Sunday and watch the pretty outfits.

2. moneyfairy profile image60

Wow that's great news Sarra!!! and the polka dancing sounds fun!!! enjoy if you go!!!

1. profile image0

I don't know how well I'll polka with bad knees but what the heck I'm going to go anyway.

You go girl!!! Yeah you!!!

Motown: You and your husband are amazing to do this. how lucky this girl is to have you. Awesome news!!!! Congrats!!!

1. profile image0

moneyfairy - I think the greatest blessing in all this is the chance to watch her grow into such a lovely young lady and the opportunity to be a part of it. 

big_smile

Bravo!!!! You are truly a miracle in that girls life and hopefully she realizes how lucky she is!!! All the best moving forward!!! Yeah You!!!

2. Silva Hayes profile image77
          Silva Hayesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How wonderful.  I have a 14-year-old granddaughter and she is the apple of my eye, along with my 16-year-old and 13-year-old granddaughters.  Congratulations!

1. profile image0

Thank you!  She really is such a beautiful young lady.  smile  And her personality is oddly SO much like mine and my husband's that you would swear she was born into the family.

3. agilitymach profile image93

Congrats to you, your family and the young lady.  That is wonderful all around!!!!

1. profile image0

It truly is!  She has been one of our biggest blessings.

9. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 11 years ago

Wow, Motown2Chitown, what fantastic news!  Congratulations to you & yours on your blossoming family!

1. profile image0

Thank you, Nicole!  We're thrilled and so very happy.  smile

10. Relationshipc profile image87
    Relationshipcposted 11 years ago

I am happy that I found this thread. smile I am happy that I have a wonderful husband and two loving dogs to wake up to everyday. I am also happy that the snow is melting and I am able to ride my bike to the library or walk my Miniature Pinscher, who literally cannot go out in anything below freezing as he will freeze up himself!

1. profile image0

big_smile  I'm happy you found this thread too.  Feel the stress leaving our bodies.....ahhhhh...

11. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. EVERYTHING is either blooming, has bloomed or is about to bloom. A gorgeous light pink tree peony, tulips of several colors and lavender are blooming in the front yard. In the back yard, the two old huge camillia bushes are just finishing their wild rush to bloom. Apple and pear trees are in bloom. Bluebells, blue-eyed grass and snowbells are blooming. In the shade, the bleeding hearts are blooming. The magnolia tree over the driveway has just finished. The forsythia hanging over the fence from the neighbor's yard is blooming. The huge old lilac tree that has likely been here since the house was built in 1926 is just about to open its tight little bud clusters. Trees and flowers all over Salem are blooming like crazy!  So who can complain on a day like today?!

1. Silva Hayes profile image77
      Silva Hayesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like Heaven.

2. profile image0

I bet the air smells good too!  It's Spring, It's Spring

12. Zsuzsi profile image60
    Zsuzsiposted 11 years ago

I feel happy and relaxed. After a long break, yesterday I finally left work on time and made it to the 6pm yoga class. It was amazing! The tension in my shoulders has gone and I'm in high spirits. I'm definitely buying a yoga membership card this week!

13. profile image0

Although I am in the middle of a winter blizzard with white out conditions and winds gusting 30+ mph it's a happy day and I am publishing another hub today.  Whoo hoo almost done with it.

1. profile image0

Congratulations on the new hub!  You are such an inspiration, Sarra!  It's rare and wonderful to see someone so determined to make the best of the situations life hands to her.  I think I'd like to be like you when I grow up.  In all sincerity, your persistence is admirable!  Great profile pic, btw. 

big_smile

1. profile image0

Thank you Motown!  You are like me, you just don't know it.  smile

yes !!!Awesome pic. and Congrats Sarra on your new hub!!! Hope you enjoy your polka dancing!!

14. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

I figured out how to remove "white space" from my hubs. Yaaaay! They are starting to look so much better. I'm happy about that. smile smile smile

1. profile image0

Oh, jan, that's awesome!  You should write a hub about that! big_smile

15. profile image0
  16. moneyfairy profile image60

Yeah the sun is finally shining and wonderful today after 3 days straight of cold snowy yuckie weather. So happy to feel the suns warmth again. And thank you Sarra for creating this forum of good thoughts, it is a miracle it has stayed this way!!! ye ha!!!!!! Yahooie!!! Wonderful, Joyus, Yipee!!!! snark free zone!!!!

17. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

After all the illnesses and surgeries my family and I have experienced over the past couple of months, I'm happy that everyone is now well - me, hubby, all 3 daughters and sons-in-law, and all 9 grandkids! I even got a little good news from my oncologist/hematologist this week. Plus, my house is clean and I've redecorated my deck. We're havig a big fish fry this weekend, and all my family and best friends are coming. Yep, I'm a happy camper today. And...it's Friday! YAY!

Great thread, Sarra! And Mo, that's an awesome thing you did!

Yeah Habee, that is great news that you are all happy and healthy!!!! Enjoy your fish fry. do you have trout? or what fish are you frying up?

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We're having fried shrimp, grouper, flounder, tilapia, and some largemouth bass the grandsons caught. We're also having boiled shrimp. Come join us!

We're also having coleslaw, cheese grits, Key lime pies, and my awesome hushpuppies.

I love flounder and tilapia and keylime pie yummy yummy smile wish I lived closer sounds delicious!!!(I've never tried cheese grits but I love most anything with cheese on it) smile

1. profile image0

Dang girl, that sounds good.  Can you make that again so I can come for supper???? lol

2. profile image0

Ok, Habee I'll be over too. 

Tomorrow will be cooking poached pollack with fresh lemon, brussle sprouts and homemade hashbrowns.

18. profile image0

Hi everyone.  Sorry I've been away but I've been in the hospital since Friday afternoon. Got out Sun Afternoon.  The best thing is I am alive to live on longer.  That's a good thing.

Remember, nothing sad or snarkey here. 

Let's keep this going. 

Monday is here (almost) and we'll all be in our places with sunshining faces........anyone remember that song from Romper Room???  LOL

19. Scribenet profile image61
    Scribenetposted 11 years ago

Glad I found this thread! Happy today to hear from a friend, who I hadn't heard from since last year! Worried she was sick...but no, busy enjoying being a new grandmother. Awesome!

1. profile image0

Hi Scribnet.  Good to hear from you.  Congrats on your friend being a new grandparent.  That's so cool.  Glad everything is going well with you as well.  Keep thinking those positive thoughts!  Makes the day go much better and you'll spread a smile to others as you go along.

1. Scribenet profile image61
        Scribenetposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am happy to hear you are looking (by your great avatar) and feeling better (by your posts)! Your positive attitude serves you well!  So let's all give a big smile for the day... smile smile smile smile smile There those are my smiles for the day...pass them along!

1. profile image0

Thanks Scribnet smile smile smile smile right back at you to pass along.  I finally got brave and put up my 'fat' picture.  lol.  It still needs to be updated to reflect my new silver hair lol.  I figured I earned every one of them and wear them proudly as my badge of courage.  lol. 

Have a wonderful day and give a stranger a smile.

20. moneyfairy profile image60

This morning I received a call from a cousin on my Mom's side that I hadn't heard from since he was a boy. He'll be coming to my city next week and we'll meet up for dinner and remanicing. Should be interesting to see what he's up to.

1. profile image0

Hey moneyfairy.  Too cool.  I haven't seen my cousins since forever.  I hope you guys have a great time catching up on everything from A - Z.

Thank you Sarra! I hope so too.

21. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

There is supposed to be a meteorite shower tonight - up to 100 in an hour.

So if the sky is clear where you are, go outside and have a look at the awesome free show that nature is laying on for us

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essential … ower-guide

1. profile image0

Hi CM Hypno.  I love to watch the meteor showers they are so pretty.  It was snowing here last night so wasn't able to see anything.  lol.  Natures beauty in both meteors and snow flakes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)