jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

stop alcoholic drinks

1. Kevin Peter profile image74
    Kevin Peterposted 3 years ago

Many families and lives get destroyed due to the intaking of alcoholic drinks. I have thought sometimes, why this thing injurious to our health is being sold. Why can't it be stopped at a once. I am looking forward for a great leader who is capable enough to ban such drinks. Please let me know your suggestions too.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Many families are destroyed by religions, should we ban them, too?

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My six beers per year is not harming either me or my family.  Why would you then deny me a beer?

1. 0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have bacon about once or twice a year. I hope to never live in a world that bans bacon.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why are you spamming this site so much today?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

We tried that in the US, it didn't work so well. Basically the illegalization of alcohol funded the mafia and made them a power corrupted the entire political process for decades.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but it did make Gatsby quite wealthy and then he had a lot of big parties and nice clothes so I think the moral of this story is whether or not you ban alcohol... ppl will drink a lot of it, and behave really badly.

3. mbwalz profile image87
    mbwalzposted 3 years ago

Many families can have alcohol in their home, drink it with pleasure and joy, and teach their kids, by example, to do the same. Wine and cheese is a hobby at our home and we have had a wonderful time teaching our teens how different wines, food, and cheeses complement each other.

European heritage (of which we are descended) includes this. There is nothing quite like tasting the different wines and noticing how the earth and sun in each place has influenced it's flavor!

Alcoholism is an addiction and should never be confused with normal consumption. Wine (and other drinks) even have health benefits when consumed with moderation. Children, however, should not have it until their brain (around 21) has fully developed.

If, for instance, it is against your religion or alcoholism runs in your genes, then it would be wise to teach your children why alcohol should not be included in their adult lives. But if it isn't/doesn't, it is beneficial to teach kids that all things can be enjoyed with moderation and joy, when they are adults.