Do you agree with how our healthcare is being taken care of?

1. lesliebyars profile image77
    lesliebyarsposted 3 years ago via iphone

I think major changes need to be made but, we all can't agree as to what needs to be done.

2. Bob Bamberg profile image90
    Bob Bambergposted 3 years ago

I agree with you, Leslie; everybody has different ideas.  I think we can all agree that healthcare costs need to be addressed.  To me, the first step is to revamp the legal system as it regards malpractice.  Doctors are practicing defensive medicine out of necessity.  I think we must also address the crippling cost of providing free healthcare for illegal aliens.  For me, the more distance between the government and my doctor and me, the better.  With few exceptions, the government isn't the solution, it's the problem as far as I'm concerned.  But even with its flaws, I believe we still have the best medical system and facilities in the world.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Agreed.  We badly need to address the cost question - why our health care costs are so high - and can start with malpractice and illegals.  We can go on to cost of doctor training and efficiency (if we're going to use an ER as a clinic for a stuffy nose, why aren't we building 24/7 clinics in the next room, staffed by nurses that can call over an ER doctor for something they can't handle?).  Lots of things to look at.

The boondoggle of Obamacare does none of this.  It is designed to do little more than shift costs around, not lower them, while adding a tremendous layer of bureaucracy to the mix.