jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Americans Torch 40 Tons of GMO Crops in Oregon

1. sannyasinman profile image84
    sannyasinmanposted 3 years ago

Did you see this on CNN, FOX or the BBC ? 
    http://unifiedserenity.wordpress.com/20 … -blackout/

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's the way of protestors today isn't it?  You don't like something, destroy.  You don't like your neighbor, burn him.  Never work within the system, always turn to violence as the best solution.  Destruction is always better than building something.  Might makes right, and if you can destroy you must be right.

Hope they catch the perpetrators - 40 tons of grain has to put it into the felony category.  As Zelkiiro says, 40 tons that could have saved thousands of lives in some places.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

I'm sure starving people around the world applaud them for their protest.

3. ThompsonPen profile image84
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

I think it's great! It's an effort to ban GMO's or Monsanto, and it's great. Ok, so starving people around the world probably not so excited about that site - however, how many of those starving people are in this position because they were run into debt because of Monsanto? Or what about all the GMO food that is created and designed to NOT produces usable seeds? Surely, if I plan to feed my family, and I grow tomatoes and potatoes and peppers, I would want to save some of the seeds/eyes to produce more food?
    I think it's a great statement, and I think we should be following suit.
    But who knows. there's still the chance we might get zombie veg