Gabrielle Union, actress, admitted on Oprah's network show that she

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago
    was a "mean girl" in the beginning of her career, indulging in malicious gossip of her more successful counterparts.  She indicated that when she was threatened by more successful actress as she felt they diminished her.  She further added that when those actresses were miserable and/or unsuccessful in a certain project/movie, she was happy. However, a friend informed her that such acts are toxic and would evenutually backfire on her.  Ms. Union contended what she did was not positive, deciding to go beyond the negative behavior, supporting and encouraging her sister actresses. 

Pettiness and jealousy are common in humankind.   Many of us indulge in backstabbling and backbiting behavior, particularly at work.  Employees jealous of each other is quite a common occurrence.  People compete to curry the bosses' favor and/or for that coveted position.  There are employees who think it's nothing to sabotage other employees, either physically, emotionally, mentally, and/or psychologically.    Mean  girl, mean boy behavior is common in the workplace and in life,  people are going to compete with each other in one way or another.  Do YOU agree with this premise? Why? Why not?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree that it's common, yes.
      But it isn't right, of course.
      As far as correcting one's behavior,  I think there are people who, it seems, like Gabrielle Union (I assume?) change their tactics because they don't want it to "backfire on them",  and then there are others who actually change their behavior because they're sorry they've been mean & they don't want to hurt others.