jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Anyone knows about Mediterranean diet?

1. 61
    patricijanovak08posted 3 years ago

I was looking for a new style of diet because my previous one was not really effective.. I was able to lose weight before but I'm not really satisfied with the results.. Know why?  Because I keep on coming back from my usual figure and I hate it.  Had anyone of you heard of the Mediterranean diet?  I wanna know if it's effective before investing on it right away.  I'm very much willing to hear your suggestions. Thanks

2. cathylynn99 profile image78
    cathylynn99posted 3 years ago

Med. diet is not a weight loss diet. people who eat a Med. diet tend to live longer and healthier than those who eat a traditional western diet. the effects are especially great in the reduction of heart disease. Med. diet consists of lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts, healthy fats, fish, and whole grains with perhaps an occasional glass of wine. for more info go to (national library of medicine) www.nlm.nih.gov, click on medline plus and type Mediterranean diet into the search bar. if you use portion control with the Med. diet, you could achieve weight loss and good health. Whatever you choose, you will have to keep it up, or you'll have the same results as before.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

My mother follows this diet and it works very well for her.  Best for people able to do their own food prep and cooking, I think.  Has a lot of fresh and raw in it.

4. cathylynn99 profile image78
    cathylynn99posted 3 years ago

I follow the Mediterranean diet except I do eat some white meat chicken. I use a lot of frozen vegetables.