jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

Silly Survey Just for Laughs

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

I am taking a very informal survey here.  It is not for an article, it is not truly important in the scheme of things.  It is simply for grins and giggles.  Here's the question:

Do you wet your toothbrush before applying the toothpaste, and why or why not?   wink

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wash your toothbrush first, apply paste, brush teeth, wash toothbrush and put away. basic hygiene.

2. AuniceReed profile image86
      AuniceReedposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes I do wet my toothbrush! Before and after use. I was taught this by my parents .and then later in school. I never thought about why though. It's something that I just have always done. Good question!

2. Polly C profile image87
    Polly Cposted 3 years ago

That's a weird question, but yes I do!

3. WriteAngled profile image93
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I wasn't aware people wet toothbrushes before use.

4. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 3 years ago

Always wet the toothbrush first

5. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

Toothbrushes are supposed to work better if you do not wet them before applying the paste to the brush. However old habits are hard to break and the tap is switched on before I have remembered that fact.

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

I do!  I also rinse my mouth after brushing, although dental professionals generally recommend just spitting out excess paste and going on your way.  I think that's yucky, though.

smile

1. Shanna11 profile image92
      Shanna11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

People don't rinse their mouths after brushing?! They just go about with all that leftover toothpaste floating about? That can't taste good...

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's what I think too, Shanna.  I can't imagine it myself.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've never heard that from any dentist I ever visited in all my 65 years....

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hadn't either!  I went to work for a major dental products manufacturer and it was in booklets they handed out to patients!  My only thought was:  EEW!

Then, they had a Sesame Street video that taught it!

7. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

A silly survey for silly folks!

Everyone knows that you should apply toothpaste to the brush and then wet it! lol

It was intended to be silly, vacuous fun and nonsense...LOL  wink

It is along the same lines as "arguments" over which way to hang the toilet tissue; squeezing the toothpaste in the middle,  or  "toe-may-toe  -- toe-mah-toe"

lol

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.  No one puts toilet paper up with the end on the wall side of the roll.  We all know better, every last one of us (except my wife - she is the sole person in the world to do that evil deed).

We all know not to squeeze the toothpaste in the middle.  Everyone except my wife, who does it every time.

We all know it's toe-may-toe.  Might even be true as my wife knows that one, too!  lol

LOL--but, I have to disagree on the TP---the hard and fast rule for those with cats, is that is MUST come off against the wall, or the dangling end is too great a temptation for kitties.....  wink And, somehow, they know!  Even if you don't leave the end hanging, it manages to dangle of its own accord, enticing the cats!! lol

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm.  That does seem to make sense.

Still, we all know that configurations is just wrong.  You will just have to keep the bathroom door closed.  Or train kitty - good luck with that one!

Hahahaha...but the bathroom is where their litterboxes are...cannot shut them out, or you know what I'd be cleaning from all over the house!  There's no other room the boxes will fit....and I really don't want them in the dining room, living room, kitchen or my bedroom....for obvious reasons...  wink

8. Kristen Haynie profile image92
    Kristen Haynieposted 3 years ago

Yes I do! The purpose is to soften the bristles before brushing. Otherwise, they are a stiffened and too rough.

working