Women that have Never Experience PMS or PMDD

1. Larchinski profile image85
    Larchinskiposted 3 years ago

I personally have never suffered from any symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) or Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) and wondered if I am the only one out there. You can find so many articles on PMS and PMDD but rarely you find anything on women that do not have any symptoms.

As a teenager I found a couple of very small articles, one said that the women's reproductive organs were developed completely wrong and another said that women that did not suffer from PMS (at the time PMDD was not around) probably had too much testosterone and would need surgery (they did not say what kind) and treatment (hormonal) to allow them to have the normal symptoms of  menstruation.

So do you suffer from PMS or PMDD or not? And if you have never suffered PMS and PMDD? Do you feel its a defect or a blessing?

I personally have never trusted the gynecological profession (it is a business that wants to make money) and I never like the stereotypes that our culture and media promote on the female gender.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Huh... well as much as I love to talk about menstruating, it's hard to know what to say... other than, you are blessed among women. smile

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had some PMS and etc.,  but not nearly the symptoms that I heard so many people tell about.    I went through the "change" also without much problem.    Yet, you're right, the ongoing argument is that women "change" radically during those times.    Truth be told, at least from my point of view, is that it's a physical change and not a mental or emotional one, at least not with every woman.
      So yes it is a bit stereotyped.
      On the other hand, my Mom had a hard time emotionally during part of menopause, as well as physically.  Yet she didn't "change" in personality etc.
      So it's not a set of rules;  it all just depends on the person and perhaps their circumstances.
      Sometimes, it's talked about jokingly, (but meanly) when men try to use menopause as an excuse to call their wives grouchy or (ahem) other terms.