jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Not everyone thinks like a scientist

1. 60
    Exercisemoreposted 2 years ago via iphone

When it comes to fitness or exercise a lot is based off science for what works and what doesn't. There's many people who can understand the terms of science which is a very good thing. Then there's many people who don't understand the terms of science. That doesn't make them dumb, it's just not everyone has a science type mind. My older brother understands science very well but then there's me who doesn't understand has well.
    I like to keep things very simple which I've found out that helps many clients that I have worked with. We all have many other things in our life that is very difficult so why add another one. I'll explain what I have found to work for many of my clients. Which a lot of it is based off science but I'll explain it another way so the people who don't understand science can understand it better. There is plenty of info out there about fitness that already makes understanding fitness even harder. I'll even break down the that info so your not so confused about fitness. Let's keep this simple and easy

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A lot of people will appreciate this approach. They will pay you to make their exercise program simple and a guaranteed success. It is your job to do so. Keep up the good work.

2. 60
    Exercisemoreposted 2 years ago

Thank you. I want to help people to live healthier. I appreciate your comment.

1. HollieT profile image89
      HollieTposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Question: If you don't understand science how can you understand nutrition and exercise? I'm not saying that you have to be a scientist in order to write about  and understand these subjects. However, if you cannot understand the science behind them, how are you going to explain concepts/principles/theories in an easy to understand format, to your readers?

3. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

Not trying to throw you under the bus, but I had the same question as Hollie T. How can you explain the body/nutritional/dietary processes if you do not/have difficulty understanding science?

4. 60
    Exercisemoreposted 2 years ago

I understand science just enough to explain it. Also I've lived a healthy lifestyle long enough to find out what works and what doesn't. Pretty much through trail and error. It's like a musician who taught themselves how to play music even tho they can't read music. Does that make sense

5. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

Of course not everyone thinks like a scientist--that's why religion has yet to shrivel up and die like the cancer it is.