jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Prayers for Angela Blair

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

Friends, please keep our friend Angela Blair (fondly known as 'Sis' by those who love her) in your thoughts and prayers. Her beloved brother, legendary Texas songwriter Steve Feomholz, was accidently killed in a gun accident. Steve's love was ranching, and his gun accidently discharged while he was preparing to go with a friend in search of feral hogs that were damaging livestock. Angela's profile photo is of her and her brother; they were very close, and she is, I'm sure, devastated at his loss. He was only 68.

The entire Ausrin music community revers Steve's history in the industry, and his loss to the profession is felt sharply by many performers. He was nationally known for his work.

2. fpherj48 profile image80
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Sis......I send you hugs of comfort at this very sad time.  The loss of a sibling is devastating, I know. Please know you are in my thoughts.  I will hope you find solace in the wonderful memories you can always hold tight to, in times of sorrow. 
    Sis, please take care.  We all love you.  Peace, Paula

3. PurvisBobbi44 profile image89
    PurvisBobbi44posted 2 years ago

My heartfelt prayers and thoughts are sent your way. I am so sorry you had to experience the loss of a brother.

His love and memories are your forever to hold dear.
    We love you here on HubPages, please take care and return soon.

Bobbi Purvis

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

FYI - Steve Fromholz was a classic contributor to Austin's fervor for being and staying Weird.  A friend of mine who's a humorist at the Statesman (newspaper) is asking on FB if anyone remembers a 1980s event when Steve organized a group of people at the Horseshoe Lounge to head down to the State Capital and moon the Ku Klux Klan. That was back in the day when Austin was innately and organically weird, not deliberately.

What a loss. I think that memory will be chronicled in Sunday's paper. There's a local tribute planned for that day.

5. 0
    Ghaelachposted 2 years ago

Our thoughts and prayers are with you 'Sis' with the loss of your brother.
    My family over here in Europe are with you in your moment of sadness.

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

7. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

Sis - I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I pray that you will have the strength you need during this very difficult time.

8. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

There's a memorial gathering today to honor Sis's beloved brother.  Keep her in your thoughts - this will be a tender time for her.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Angela is in my thoughts and prayers.