jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Sensory deprivation - experiences, thoughts, data, etc.

1. bBerean profile image60
    bBereanposted 2 years ago

Although aware of sensory deprivation tanks for some time, I have never experienced using one, or really researched it properly.  I know a wide spectrum of people endorse them for a myriad of reasons, running the gamut from health, relaxation, mental therapy and even spirituality. 

I am interested in all aspects, so please share what you know or have experienced.  If you have used a tank, why?  What are the benefits?  Are there cautionary tales?  Where did you access one?  Do you own one?  If you run a sensory deprivation business, please share information about what is involved in setting up, maintaining, marketing and running one.  What regulatory issues have you been confronted with?  I am just beginning to research this, so any data is appreciated.

bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm.  I kind of feel like I am in one now.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

You may find that it never occurred to anyone that they should try this.  Thus they have no experience to share.  I like my sensed fully engaged smile

bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ty Psycheskinner.  I was surprised there is not much on HP about it.  There is one hubber with some good articles: http://jeffreymaskel.hubpages.com/ , but not much more that I found.

working