Finding myself after loosing my job

1. Mhedge profile image59
    Mhedgeposted 2 years ago

It's been hard. I don't think every day I want to get up and face the world. But if I'm honest with myself not often do I really want to. I feel tired and sick of fighting to show people I'm not the person you want to mess around with. I'm someone with ambition and drive and intelligence and more to offer then just another cubicle life sentence. I know I have a lot to offer and I now know I need to be my own boss. I have to be my own boss. Is there anyone else out there who understands?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I DEFINITELY understand your wish and desire.   At least you have done some deep analysis as what your life path should be.   Many people accept the lifescript of their parents and others as to what their lives should be.  They follow the lifescript in terms of jobs and careers, oftentimes LOSING sight of their true goals and desires.  Their true talents lie dormant and many ignore this.  However, for some, the subconscious has a way of alerting one that one is leading an inauthentic life.   If this alerting is ignored and one elects not to take action, sometimes outside events occur such as a layoff or a termination that would WAKE one up to his/her true desires and his/her true lifepath.

To follow one's true lifepath require courage in the face of naysayer even friends and family.   One must be willingly to go on that road least travelled in order to succeed in their true and chosen lifepath.  The majority of people are afraid to follow their lifepath, preferring to be safe and comfortable.  Sometime in order to follow one's true lifepath, one has to go beyond the safe and comfortable, one has to try and test the waters so to speak.  Also, following and pursuing one's true lifepath means risk, even failure.   Many people are loathe to risk and fail, however, such is oftentimes prerequisite to succeeding in one's true lifepath.   Also, people love to follow the herd and the easiest way.   One is oftentimes alone in following his/her true lifepath, especially if it is different from the majority.   Follow YOUR lifepath and ACHIEVE your wildest success.