jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Random Thoughts/ You Are Your Problem and You Are Your Solution

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

You're Your Problem and You Are Your Solution

Okay, so I took a line from Bridesmaids but nothing was more truer. 

As Annie (former best friend character) sat on her mother's couch her friend made her own and take responsibility for her life.  Every decision made, failed choices, and wrong turns were by her individual design and actions.  The greatest inspiring piece shared was that her life did not have to continue to be a tragedy.  Annie learned everything she needed she had: from her ability to recover for her business that failed, to friends who cared about her, and a man that was truly a great guy-supportive of her and interested in who she was without disrespect.

We make choices in life.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.  This is my thought for the day.

Youtube this scene and enjoy:

2. i-write125 profile image60
    i-write125posted 2 years ago

I agree my friend.

3. grand old lady profile image88
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

I love the video, but I have insanity issues. I don't think we should put any people down, even if they are disabled, insane, short, ugly, obese, or anything. But you are essentially right in what you say.

1. realtalk247 profile image70
      realtalk247posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well this was a movie that I referenced so it wasn't directed to those with physical/mental issues but for the average everyday person making the decision to give up on life, sit, and feel sorry for oneself.  If we are granted with able body, minds, hands to work, and talents given to each person as a creator; just because life throws us a curve ball we can't give up.  Personal responsibility is the first step in building the life that you want.